Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us your brewing equipment/area (bar's, braai's and mancave's)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show us your brewing equipment/area (bar's, braai's and mancave's)

I do my hot side brewing in the garage (no-chill BIAB), The cold side fermentation, bottling, kegging and storage I do in my braai room that I divided into 2 sections. We mostly braai and kuier outside. 20190611_075346.jpg 20190611_084942.jpg20190611_090319.jpg
    Harhm
    Last edited by Harhm; 11 June 2019, 13:01.
    2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

I will look and drool. My place doesn't have a built in braai, or even a mancave area. I brew where I can - mostly in the kitchen, to the dismay of the wife.

Comment

I do my brewing in the laundry, got a neat rack to set up the grainfather, water filter on the sink and piped water from my rain tanks for chilling.
      IMG_20181020_081400 (Large).jpg

I have taken over what used to be a small shed, stuck in a fermentation chamber and shelving for all my stuff.
      IMG_20181020_182706 (Large).jpg

And am setting up the garage as an entertaining space with keezer, drinks fridge and tunes.
      IMG_20181009_172110 (Large).jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Harhm View Post
        I do my hot side brewing in the garage (no-chill BIAB), The cold side fermentation, bottling, kegging and storage I do in my braai room that I divided into 2 sections. We mostly braai and kuier outside.
        Wish I had more freezers...

Comment

Or such a clean and neat garage! I'll share my cave under construction tomorrow

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

Sadly no dedicated area. My stuff comes out of boxes and spreads around the kitchen and dining room for a couple of days when brewing. Just the fermenter cabinet is allowed to be a permanent fixture near the bar. Garage is too much of a dirty workshop to be a brew area.
            Cheers,
            Lang
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Decent brewing areas gents, I'm in the process of of creating a dedicated brewing room, already have my fermentation chamber and kegerator area sorted. I need to add a closed water recirculation/cooling system and washing area. Can't waste water in Cape Town.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

WhatsApp Image 2019-05-16 at 12.48.16.jpgWhatsApp Image 2019-05-16 at 12.48.17.jpgWhatsApp Image 2019-05-16 at 12.48.20.jpg

New brewing system on the left in pic 1
                Cold room and fermentation room as well as malt library pic 2
                Different angle pic 3 showing upright freezer for pub grub, upright small fermenting fridge, upright fridge/freezer for yeast, beer and hops
                jakeslouw
                Last edited by jakeslouw; 12 June 2019, 10:27.

Comment

Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]1982[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1983[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1984[/ATTACH]

Different angle pic 3 showing upright freezer for pub grub, upright small fermenting fridge, upright fridge/freezer for yeast, beer and hops

I think... WOW, is the word...

Comment

Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1982[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1983[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1984[/ATTACH]

Bliksem![emoji482]

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by camsaway View Post
                      I do my brewing in the laundry, got a neat rack to set up the grainfather, water filter on the sink and piped water from my rain tanks for chilling.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]1979[/ATTACH]

I have taken over what used to be a small shed, stuck in a fermentation chamber and shelving for all my stuff.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]1981[/ATTACH]

And am setting up the garage as an entertaining space with keezer, drinks fridge and tunes.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]1980[/ATTACH]
                      Very neat and organized, I like it
                      2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

Here goes. The home made smoker is a must for every Brewer. Beer and smoked meat are made for each other.

Comment

Love that smoker! I saw them on YouTube. Called an ugly drum smoker or some such. Your version is definitely not ugly though. Here's my brew bar. I hide the burner behind. Still waiting for my fermenter fridge to stick into the corner and one day a kegerator on the left

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice setups
                            The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Thanks Jannie. That's a good looking bar you have there.

Comment

Working...
                              X