Wax dipping bottles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wax dipping bottles

At last I had some time to wax dip a Baltic Porter and a Belgian Quadthat I brewed recently.

I used the cheapest wax crayons if could find (Checkers) in a +- 1:2 ratio to hot glue sticks.
    Just put the crayons and sticks in a small metal can and heat slowly. Stir and stop heating when the mixture reaches the consistency of honey, if it starts to smoke you are close to overheating or boiling the mixture.

Dip the bottle in the wax, let it drip, swirl and dunk in cold water for a few seconds to set.
    20190422_145404.jpg
    Harhm
    Last edited by Harhm; 23 April 2019, 08:40.
    2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Cool, Looks like a success
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

That's pretty cool !

Comment

Looks very professional
        Cheers,
        Lang
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Really cool. Did you have to use corks or did you do that over a normal cap?

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

I used the normal bottle caps.

I suspect they will be a bit tricky to open as the wax covering is quite hard, maybe use a 1:1 ratio of wax : hot glue
            2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

Stupid question - but why use hot glue at all? I only imagine it'll get rock hard in the fridge?

Comment

Im surprised they even mix well together. I imagine glue is for binding properties, but I would think even 25% hot glue would be a lot.

Kudos to you Harhm for experimenting with adding that extra little touch to your beers. For me, for now, I still just get excited when my crowns are all sealed and my beer is in the bottles
                Cheers,
                Lang
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Working...
                X