Thirsty Scarecrow Stellenbosch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thirsty Scarecrow Stellenbosch

So last night Wifey and myself decide to go and try out Thirsty Scarecrow in Stellenbosch. After reading the reviews we decided that it might be fun since their menu has +- 20 craft beers.

We were really not happy with the place. I ordered a Chocolate stout and was told it is out of stock. No issue, I will take something else. The waiter then told me that I can take the amber ale because it is the same as the stout Tried to explain it is not the same thing but apparently did not care much. Long story short I ended up with a Weiss from CBC. Out of all the beers on the menu they pretty much only had 4 available according to the waiter.

My wife decides to take the 4 x beer tasters. The menu state any 4 local beers and if you look under the local beers it is all craft beers, so it sounded like something that she would like to try.

Ended up with the following 4 beer tasters:

Red Crow Strawberry (was really nice)
    CBC Amber weiss
    CBC Pilsner
    Windhoek Lager

Never knew Windhoek lager is a craft beer.

i went there when they first opened and was quite impressed. then i went back there a few months later and had a similar experience to you.

if you're going to have a craft beer bar, the least you could do is educate your staff a little. they don't have to be experts but some knowledge would help.

Comment

You know I feel the same way and it would help when you start your shift that you actually know what is available on tap. The waiter had to go back 7 times with my order just so that he can return and let me know my order is not in stock.

Comment

Same experience! Went there last week ordered the Apollo IPA, they must have just changed kegs cause it was mud brown with loads of sediment, drank half and ordered the devils peak blockhouse and got the first light golden ale (its not even on tap the name is clearly on the bottle) waiter said they are from the same company so they are similar and they blockhouse IPA was out of stock

All in all a painful experience

Comment

they've gotten quite a few bad reviews on their facebook page lately. perhaps instead of only complaining on here, we should make them aware of our unhappiness on their page too. you know, constructive criticism and all that.

Comment

I once had an experience with a restaurant where I ordered a certain type of fish. What I got wasn't what I ordered. The waiter, and eventually the chef argued with me and told me I was talking k@k. I asked to see the actual fish that they gave me.

I was right.

No waiter dare argue with me about things that aren't what I ordered.

Sounds like this is a place worth missing.

Al. Share the link to this post thread on their page [emoji1]
            Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Comment

Working...
            X