Bad Beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harhm View Post
    Smells like cough cyrup mixed with Jagermeister. Taste like sour apples, battery acid and vinigar, tart and pith. Never again !!!
    cold chain issues, cloudiness shows the infection in the beer

usually it doesn't taste too bad when fresh

Comment

Cold chain issue or not infection starts in the brewery.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
      Harhm
      Last edited by Harhm; 20 February 2018, 09:50.
      2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

Smells like cough cyrup mixed with Jagermeister. Taste like sour apples, battery acid and vinigar, tart and pith. Never again !!!
        Sounds amazing!

As a PS: How would one "test" one's home made brew to see if it's...not bad? Anyone here willing to sample my toxins, independently and without my presence (I give you a bottle, you take it home and let me know how I faired)? I would like to see where I stand on these kits I'm brewing, and if it's "on par" with what can be expected from kits in the future, keeping in mind the "expired ingredients".

Comment

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
          As a PS: How would one "test" one's home made brew to see if it's...not bad? Anyone here willing to sample my toxins, independently and without my presence (I give you a bottle, you take it home and let me know how I faired)? I would like to see where I stand on these kits I'm brewing, and if it's "on par" with what can be expected from kits in the future, keeping in mind the "expired ingredients".
          I can do a tasting for you. Or ask any of the Worthog clubmembers that are a BJCP judge.

Comment

Cold chain issue or not infection starts in the brewery.
            Well yes and no

Without pasteurising you can't eliminate all bacteria, combine that with a low alcohol beer and warm temps and I reckon most craft beer will be pretty much rotten within a week.

Comment

I read some reviews on this thread - I'm now scared shitless. Think I have to try a bit more and make sure there's no baby vomit or butter or cat piss or random homeless man shit in my brew or I'll be torn a new one.

Comment

has anyone had any of brederiver breweries beers? i had the unfortunate experience of trying their pale ale and black ipa and they both tasted identical! blindfolded i would not be able to distinguish them apart. they had this weird, overpowering "sweetness", a flavour i'm unable to describe; possibly butterscotch but i'm not sure.
                Attached Files
                that guy al
                Last edited by that guy al; 20 February 2018, 17:36.

Comment

^ No, but thanks for the warning
                  The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Working...
                  X