Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your best beers from your favorite local breweries ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your best beers from your favorite local breweries ?

With so many breweries in SA I was just wondering what would your pick as your best beers from our local breweries. My criteria is simple, I just ask myself if I would buy these beers in a pub or bottle store, here is mine in no order.

Devils Peak - Pale Ale
    Citizen Beer - Saboteur English IPA
    Clarens - Hazelnut Ale
    Fryers Cove - Kastaiing Pale Ale
    Mitchells - Bosun's Bitter

Your best local beers?
    Harhm
    Last edited by Harhm; 19 April 2017, 06:25.
    2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Also mine, in no particular order

I have tasted loads, but a beer has to be memorable for it not to disappear from my mind (and thats memorably great or memorably bad)

Mitchells 90 Shillings
    Devils Peak Vin de Saison
    Devils Peak First Light
    Jack Black Butchers Block
    Jack Black Lumberjack
    Hops Hollow Diggers Draught
    Stone Circle Pale Ale
    Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Comment

Hops hollow - Digger's Draught
      Sabie breweries - Wheelbarrel weis
      Anvil Ale Brewery - the weis
      Clarence brewery - the stout
      Nothingham road - also the stout
      Cockpit brewhouse - fokker weis
      Keghouse- apa
      Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
      Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Comment

Devil's Peak Blockhouse and Woodhead
        Woodstock Brewery Californicator
        Anything from Gallows Hill

Comment

Really loving Stickman Foreman IPA

Comment

always used to enjoy a kings blockhouse i got miffed when dpbc suddenly shrunk the bottle and upped the price. my favorite though is, hands down, gallows hill IPA.

Comment

oh, and woodstock brewery is also making some decent beer these days!

Comment

Originally posted by that guy al View Post
                always used to enjoy a kings blockhouse i got miffed when dpbc suddenly shrunk the bottle and upped the price. my favorite though is, hands down, gallows hill IPA.
                I think you have the president to blame for that. Import costs are sky rocketing and I believe they use a lot of imported malt and hops.

With the droughts and changing climates, the hops/malt in SA are also not looking so good, which means higher costs again.

Comment

Dog and Fig - Stewige Stout
                  Smack Rep. - Newtown Nemesis
                  Gilroys - Traditional
                  Robsons - Hammer of Thor (I've only had one so the sample size is small)
                  Agar's - Everything is great, especially the Saison
                  Primary: APA
                  Bottled: Quad, tripel, K@K red ale
                  Keg 1: Weiss. 2: Weiss. Keg 3: Air. Keg 4: Air
                  Next up: world domination

Comment

Originally posted by that guy al View Post
                    oh, and woodstock brewery is also making some decent beer these days!
                    Visited Woodstock Brewery the past weekend - I Liked the Happy Pills and the and the Golden Ale, the Californicator IPA realy stood out for me. Great food also.

Had some of Boston's beers on tap at the Cycling Expo, liked the 33 Degrees South IPA.

Also had some beer. Bought some beers from Stickman and Drifter to taste @ home. Wish I had more time
                    Harhm
                    Last edited by Harhm; 9 March 2016, 11:37.
                    2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

Working...
                    X