Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larger Fermenters

Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
    Plenty of conical tanks available with stands.

I use Pioneer Plastic products.
    I've been eyeing that one. R650 for 80L
    My concern is cooling.

I've also got one of those blue drums in 50L, but find they do not seal properly. Would be awesome to get an oring that fits inside the lid.
    CraftyZA
    Last edited by CraftyZA; 21 April 2016, 04:47.

Comment

Originally posted by CraftyZA View Post
      I've also got one of those blue drums in 50L, but find they do not seal properly. Would be awesome to get an oring that fits inside the lid.
      I've got some foam cut into a strip and siliconed into place I've never had any leaking issues...
      Craft beer is a cool way to deny your alcohol problem.

Why drink something that’s just cold when you can have something this cool?

Craft Beer?
      I’d Tap That!

Comment

Originally posted by Prawnana View Post
        I've got some foam cut into a strip and siliconed into place I've never had any leaking issues...
        I use the blue drums, the lack of tight seal is only a problem for me if I tilt it to much.

Comment

1) buy a bicycle tube
          2) cut in half length-ways
          3) use as O-ring.............

Comment

Larger Fermenters

Regulating temperature up to 50L is pretty easy. I'm just curious about something for the guys with the really big conical fermenters. 100L and up. How do you guys regulate the temperature on those? They do not fit in a fridge. So if i want to upscale, what is the path to take?
            Just buy a bigger fridge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Regulating temperature up to 50L is pretty easy. I'm just curious about something for the guys with the really big conical fermenters. 100L and up. How do you guys regulate the temperature on those? They do not fit in a fridge. So if i want to upscale, what is the path to take?
              Just buy a bigger fridge?
              Coldroom. Or else a proper cooling jacket and electronic temp control system with hot & cold water supplies.

Either way, not a cheap solution.

Comment

Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
                Coldroom. Or else a proper cooling jacket and electronic temp control system with hot & cold water supplies.

Either way, not a cheap solution.
                Kit type cold rooms are surprisingly cheaper than you would think. If memory serves my father in law built one in his garage and bought the whole kit, insulation and cooling unit, for R25K. It's about 3m x 4m and doesn't need an upgraded electricity supply. (he ages his own steak and various meats.)

Weigh this up against the cost of a big deep freeze.

Comment

Originally posted by 69degrees View Post
                  Kit type cold rooms are surprisingly cheaper than you would think. If memory serves my father in law built one in his garage and bought the whole kit, insulation and cooling unit, for R25K. It's about 3m x 4m and doesn't need an upgraded electricity supply. (he ages his own steak and various meats.)

Weigh this up against the cost of a big deep freeze.
                  exactly

I got a 2.4 x 2m coldroom for R6.5

needs work on the condensor and compressor

So all-in-all around R10k

Comment

Larger Fermenters

Just got a quote for 20k diy kit. A bit rich for me. Will stick with 50L batches more often for now.
                    Room would have been 1.5x1.5x2.4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X