No announcement yet.

Plastic Carboys - Water Bottles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you not modify the lid. Drill a hole and insert a grommet/seal similar to the plastic fermenters.
    "I’m Allergic to grass. Hey, it could be worse. I could be allergic to beer." – Greg Norman

Comment

Originally posted by AtronSeige View Post
      This provides you with 4 solutions:
      1) Clean, balanced water that is easy to brew with
      2) A container that you can ferment in
      3) A sanitized fermenter from the moment go
      4) Someone else is cleaning the fermenter afterwards.
      Ok so I go to Oasis

The scenario described above doesn't really happen . Or at least at that branch. You take your bottle and they just refill it...

And it's not RO... Allegedly better but they couldn't say why.

I'll give it a bash to try something new
      Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Comment

Their process is (from what I understood) that they do RO, which strips everything out, apart from h2o. They then add salts and other stuff so that the water has the "required" chemicals.

Bryan mentions a concept that I want to try, but differently. When you get your bottle, you will tear off the cap (pull really hard on the little tongue that sticks out at the bottom) and you will probably throw the cap away. Next time I will get a backup cap. When you have racked to the carboy, take the second cap, REMOVE THE INNER CAP, place your blowoff tube through the hole and place this the whole contraption on the carboy. Seal with prestic or something.

Comment

Ok

They gave me a whole bunch of caps so got that covered (pun intended)
          Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Comment

I'm using three of them and no problem. i used a hot soldering iron to make a hole in the clear plastic insert you find in the center of the blue cap and my airlock fits perfectly. also i re-use the blue caps as i use a twisting motion to get it off. it is a little bit tight,but that is what we want, not so?

KaapseVlakte
            Last edited by KaapseVlakte; 3 September 2013, 18:07.
            Drinking: nothing

In Primary: Milk Stout; American Wheat; Bells Two Hearted IPA, Black IPA,Scottish Ale
            Planned: Dunkellweizen, old English bitter.

Comment

Working...
            X