Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Brew Map

Hi,
    I hope I'm not breaking any rules by this post. If so, please let me know or feel free to delete the post yourselves.

Few months ago we've started "project" (non profitable, just for fun) to identify (as much as possible) active home brewers in our country.

But soon other countries start using the map. So we decided to take whole thing much more seriously and added more and more new functionalities such:
    - home beer exchange application
    - events calendar
    - recipes and their rating
    - private messages etc.

Thanks to many helpful members it has been translated into seven languages already.

I would like to present You the site www.HomeBrewmap.com (https://www.facebook.com/homebrewmap/). If you like the idea and/or find it interesting/fun, feel free to use it.

If you´ve any questions feel free to contact me, I´ll do my best to answer it and help you.

Everything is free of charge and you don´t need to use your personal details or exact adress (just centre of your city for example). I hope that you will find it useful.

You can read something about me here: https://www.homebrewmap.com/cs/18-/3-domaci-pivovar-skrabak-home-brewery

Cheers,
    Škrabák (Czech republic)
    Skrabak
    Last edited by Skrabak; 21 April 2016, 14:04.

Don't you feel that providing complete strangers with information on where to obtain beer might be a potential risk?

I personally do not want anyone to be able to get my address and come to my house and ask for beer.

Comment

Yes it is risky. That´s why you just put the mark in the centre of your city or somewhere near to you (circa 5km radius) as I wrote before.

If someone contact you, you can meet him/her in the city or somewhere. Inviting people to your house depends on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Skrabak View Post
        That´s why you just put the mark in the centre of your city or somewhere near to you (circa 5km radius) as I wrote before.
        My mistake. Sorry. I got excited at the hyperlink and just scanned the rest of the information (badly).

Comment

That´s absolutly perfect. We need some feedback and opinions.

Comment

There you go! I am the first person on the African Continent to join!

Comment

And I am the second person on the African continent and the first person in the Western Cape

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks a lot guys!

I know it´s empty there, but hopefully more will join. It´s successfully working in Czech and other "crowded" countries. I love to trade beer and visit(drink a lot with) others.

Comment

I wanted to be 3rd but got this:

Error

Sorry, your registration failed because you have been flagged as a spammer by a match of your details in our spambot database. If you are a genuine visitor, then we apologise. Please contact us to get the issue resolved.
                  Primary: APA
                  Bottled: Quad, tripel, K@K red ale
                  Keg 1: Weiss. 2: Weiss. Keg 3: Air. Keg 4: Air
                  Next up: world domination

Comment

That´s interesting..
                    Please send me personal message with your email and user name you want to use there. I´ll create your account asap.
                    Skrabak
                    Last edited by Skrabak; 20 April 2016, 15:21.

Comment

@DieBaas - your past is coming back to haunt you :-)

Comment

Today we reached another milestone.
                        The map already contains 600 marks from 35 countries and 6 continents!

At the beginning there was a suggestion to have the map just in an excel. However author of the map did not listen and created fully functional map which contains events, blogs, private messages system, beer exchange, rating of the beers and recipes, groups etc. And now all of you can enjoy it for free and many of you are already using the map.

It is also possible to put the map on your page via IFRAME.

Thank you all for your financial and non-financial support. We managed to be here, just because of you.

Cheers!

Comment

Thank you for your support!

Comment

Working...
                          X