BrewDog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BrewDog

Had my first Punk IPA yesterday! Besides the fact that it almost had me bankrupt (since I bought a rounds for a couple of us at Beerhouse before checking the price), I can say thats one hell of a IPA! Smooth, not overly bitter like most IPA's you get here. This is the kind of IPA I can drink the entire day.
    Let me know how the clones turns out!

Well they shared their recipes, you can try and make it...
    https://www.brewdog.com/lowdown/blog/diy-dog
    All for Brew AND brew for all

Comment

Originally posted by Iceblade View Post
      Well they shared their recipes, you can try and make it...
      https://www.brewdog.com/lowdown/blog/diy-dog
      Yeah I know Thanks!! but with the amount of hops that goes in these beers, I would rather wait for some feedback from other brewers on how theirs turned out.

Comment

Don't be scared, it will not bite, could if you wanted it too....

You need to trust your skill and go for it,
        Can bet you that given that recipe to 10 home brewers it would be similar but not exactly the same and might even get some bad beers(equipment or infections),
        But given that brewdog shared it, I would say it's save to try it.
        Actually doesn't feel like a clone if brewdog shared the recipe, mostly clones are recipes from brewers trying the create a similar beer from somthing they tasted,
        brewdog sharing the recipe it's more like a replica actually
        All for Brew AND brew for all

Comment

Some of their beers aren't as hoppy as others. Have a scan through the recipes and find one that suits your taste.

I am halfway through drinking the #1 IPA batch and it is great, but I wanted to brew something less hoppy than that, so yesterday brewed the #39 recipe (Existential Red Ale). Bubbling away nicely in the fermenter...can't wait to try it.

To me, the fact that they shared their recipes is the best bit. Second though, is that their batches are all geared to 25L boil volume which, after losses, fits nicely into the 25L fermenters I have. With tried and tested recipes, 22L bottled is going to keep me in beer for a little while.
          Slainte Mhaith!!

Comment

Working...
          X