Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by groenspookasem View Post
    long boils on small amounts of bittering hop = more bitter + less distinct flavor

Ok get you ... I thought you meant specifically SA hops ... that's what had me confused
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    Ok get you ... I thought you meant specifically SA hops ... that's what had me confused
    at some point i'll try sab hops. i might even be forced with our new economy in the making - where can i find some good info on them? profile etc

at some point i'll try sab hops. i might even be forced with our new economy in the making - where can i find some good info on them? profile etc
    I've always researched my SA hops on Hopslist. Most I use are on there. Only issue is the changing AA I've seen in some batches.

Variety analyses.pdf So, a little outdated. As you say, the Alpha's change year to year (this was 2017 crop I believe) but the general analysis will still be right.

The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Keep in mind with SA hops, some names have changed. That list Jigsaw has is awesome, going to save that one (thanks man). Their experimental hops change name. U1/108 for example has been changed to Southern Tropic or something like that, due to the tropical fruit profile. It's a GREAT hop, if you ask me. I still have plans of a very tropical ale or a tropical fruit beer using that. Was thinking 50/50 Pilsner/Vienna malt with S.Tropic in the boil, tropical fruit punch to back up the wort in the fermenter and then a dry hopping with S.Tropic as well. I've dry hopped with it before, it's pretty nice.

at some point i'll try sab hops.
    Never thought I would hear those words from your mouth!
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Cheers all, I'll have a look at these, fairly high AAs allround, some wild substitution recommendations. What style would you recommend? I'm heavily into german/nz pilsners and english anything right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Langchop View Post
    Never thought I would hear those words from your mouth!
    me neither, bu I have this sinking feeling that imported hops/malts will either become unobtainable or excessively expensive. I tend use my hops fairly quickly too.