No announcement yet.

5ltr mini party kegs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah I'm sure you can't clean them really, so all I do is rinse them the second the bung comes out so nothing stays inside that can grow like in old bottles. I use nothing but tap water and no-rinse sterilizer in them. Let's hope they last a little bit longer then.

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
      Im yet to nuy me any of these, but only because of some of the horror rumours floating on various forums ....

Apparently these things look very bad inside once you decide to cut one open (even after only 2 uses) ... some say they rust very easy A PET version would be a better option? yes/no

EDIT: Oops, I see someone beat me to it
      A PET version would be amazing, actually, specially for shorter durations. If you have one of those BKT kits that you can use in a mini-keg, why not just get a larger bottle you can pressurize? Doesn't have to be immense pressure, but those 25l PET water fountain bottles might just work in a pinch?

Comment

I am using 4 of these with the tap on brought for R120 plus 35 for the grey bung. I drilled the bung 6mm and fitted a 35mm chromed car valve I inject the gas with a bicycle gas adaptor and use the threaded 12g gas cylinders, 1 of these lasts a full mini keg. the kegs are available at brewforafrica. I like these kegs as they go with and fit nicely in the fridge. so far I have refilled 5 times and have no issues.

Comment

Working...
        X