newbie's first brew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie's first brew

Great forum with excellent ideas and advice.

Started my first brewing with a Mangrove Jack Robber's Gold kit. Been bottled for the last week and a bit. And waiting patiently for the rest of the 3 weeks while it is conditioning.

I also started a Ginger beer. Trying to do the Ginger bug/plant. Early days so we will see what happens and if it works.

Also looking at a Coopers kit. The only stuff one can find in East London (the town where there is no stock). So will have to take what I can and try.

Kits for now and then when I fully understand the process and not have any messups, I will try the full hog.

Ta

Hello Darkstar

Nice trick for bottling next time is to fill one plastic bottle (500ml brown PET bottles works well) with beer when you are bottling.
    When the bottle gets hard you know beer has carbonated.
    Waiting for the beer to carbonate is like waiting for payday at the end of January...

Comment

Originally posted by jay95 View Post
      Waiting for the beer to carbonate is like waiting for payday at the end of January...
      Thanks for the idea around the PET bottles.

But I have decided to wait. But the coming sunday will be two weeks and I will crack one of the bottles to have a taste.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. How was your 1st home brewed beer?

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk
        2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

Working...
        X