SA National Homebrew Competition 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harhm View Post
    Who is entering SANHC ? I might send in a Lager that Ill like some feedback on.
    Jakes is right. It will need to be a really good lager to do well in competition, but it is worth pointing out that the overall winner at the intervarsity brewing competition this year was a lager (German Pilsner).

Comment

Thanks for the info. As long as I can get propper feedback Ill be more than happy. Top half, bottom half, last 25% it doesnt realy matter to me, any score is better than no score

I might even enter more than 1 beer if I can get them to Gauteng with a friend that can drop them off for me.

- Am I allowed to enter 2 or more beers in the same category or sub-category?
      i.e. an American Lite Lager in (1A) and 2 different American Lagers in (1B)
      Harhm
      Last edited by Harhm; 19 September 2017, 10:24.
      2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

Am I allowed to enter 2 or more beers in the same category or sub-category?
        Sure! You may enter as many beers as you want to, even in the same category/style. But note that you can only win with 1 beer (see the rules).

Comment

it's interesting that it seems a lot of people are entering not to win but simply to get feedback...

Comment

Dropped of my beer at the courier today, It almost felt like sending kids to school for exams
            Harhm
            Last edited by Harhm; 9 October 2017, 08:53.
            2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

Dropped of my beer at the courier today, It almost felt like sending kids to school for exams [emoji38]
              Did you get all teary eyed? [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comment

Ha ha good one [emoji106] Nope more worried that they would not make it in 1 piece to the end.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Also dropping mine off today. You've perfectly captured the emotion.

Edit:
                  Big props to Jaco for making the tagging so easy.
                  Dude!

Dropped of my beer at the courier today, It almost felt like sending kids to school for exams

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
                    Big props to Jaco for making the tagging so easy.
                    Dude!
                    Pleasure!

I am now working on admin/judging side of things for the site.

If all goes well I can maybe sell it to other comps.

Comment

JHB Prelim went well! The Best of Show went to...

1. [REDACTED]
                      2. [REDACTED]3. [REDACTED]

You will have to wait for at least another two weeks!

Comment

We Have Winners!

But I am not saying who just yet.

I have to figure out how to split the prizes first!

Comment

Funny monkey....

Or funny Baa-chus

Originally posted by AtronSeige View Post
                          We Have Winners!

But I am not saying who just yet.

I have to figure out how to split the prizes first!

Comment

Congrats to the winners !!! Awesome job guys. Great to see a Helles on the podium.

Hats off to Jaco and his team for organizing the competition.

By the way, thanks for the clue on FB that my lager made it into the final round

I enjoyed the excitement of entering and following the process, I cant wait for the feedback to improve on my beer and hopefully enter again next year.
                            Harhm
                            Last edited by Harhm; 15 November 2017, 09:47.

Comment

Well done.

Two of the best judges in the country on that flight.

Comment

Working...
                              X