No announcement yet.

Where can I get Brett in South Africa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get Brett in South Africa?

Nobody has WLP644 in stock.

Where can I get Brett in South Africa?

Where are you located? I may have a vial of Brettanomyces Bruxellensis for you. (WLP650)
    Was planning to do de molen's imperial porter (tsarina esra) with it, but for now i'm focusing more on my sour.

Will trade for a couple of homebrews, or R140. Been in storage at 3 degrees since Johan did a shipment a couple of months ago.
    CraftyZA
    Last edited by CraftyZA; 2 August 2017, 06:52.

Comment

Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
      Nobody has WLP644 in stock.
      Give the Brewmart in Centurion a call. They got an order of 1 of each of the whitelabs vials in last week. When I was there they only sold WLP001 I took 2 others. But they might have Brett left. Also they have a crap load of bacteria in vials that is not listed on the website.
      Primary: APA
      Bottled: Quad, tripel, K@K red ale
      Keg 1: Weiss. 2: Weiss. Keg 3: Air. Keg 4: Air
      Next up: world domination

Comment

Originally posted by CraftyZA View Post
        Where are you located? I may have a vial of Brettanomyces Bruxellensis for you. (WLP650)
        Was planning to do de molen's imperial porter (tsarina esra) with it, but for now i'm focusing more on my sour.

Will trade for a couple of homebrews, or R140. Been in storage at 3 degrees since Johan did a shipment a couple of months ago.
        I'm keen to get this, in absence of anything else and with Johan not answering calls.

We want to ferment as per ale, not open top. We're just looking for some of the esters out of the yeast.

Let me know when and how, I'll need to bring a cooler bag.

Comment

I'm keen to get this, in absence of anything else and with Johan not answering calls.

We want to ferment as per ale, not open top. We're just looking for some of the esters out of the yeast.

Let me know when and how, I'll need to bring a cooler bag.
          I'm in togaf training Friday and Saturday.
          So basically today or tomorrow after 4. Friday after 6pm, or Saturday before 7am.
          Sunday is open, but i'm guessing you want to brew on Saturday?

Comment

I'm in togaf training Friday and Saturday.
            So basically today or tomorrow after 4. Friday after 6pm, or Saturday before 7am.
            Sunday is open, but i'm guessing you want to brew on Saturday?
            Thanks, will let you know

Comment

So Marnus kept us some Brett and would you believe it, some frigging home brewer came and tried to buy the same vial just because he heard Marnus had some for us.

Really, some people...........

Comment

So Marnus kept us some Brett and would you believe it, some frigging home brewer came and tried to buy the same vial just because he heard Marnus had some for us.

Really, some people...........
                Who is Marnus? I'm assuming you came right then?

Will save mine then for that imperial baltic porter. Any idea how long these will keep at 3 degrees?

Comment

Who is Marnus? I'm assuming you came right then?
                  Yes, fetching the Brett this morning. Marnus works @ Brewmart

Will save mine then for that imperial baltic porter. Any idea how long these will keep at 3 degrees?
                  thanks for the offer anyway

Comment

I think he may have been thinking of me. I enquired about 644 on your behalf. If it was centurion.
                    He said it was spoken for, so I figured it was either you, or sold to someone else.
                    Just figured check if they have, then you don't need to settle for the 650.

Comment

For future reference, Platoyeast.com down here in cape town has two Brett strains (as well as plenty of other strains) available. Not sure if they ship yet, but get in touch.

Myself (Little Wolf), Rory (Aegir Project) and JC (Devils Peak) use Plato for almost all of our yeast these days.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan View Post
                        For future reference, Platoyeast.com down here in cape town has two Brett strains (as well as plenty of other strains) available. Not sure if they ship yet, but get in touch.

Myself (Little Wolf), Rory (Aegir Project) and JC (Devils Peak) use Plato for almost all of our yeast these days.

Thanks Stefan

Comment

Thanks Stefan

I've been keeping an eye on Plato for the past few weeks. They are not shipping just yet.

A take it you are also happy with the yeast performance? Reaching the stated attenuation, viability etc?

Originally posted by Stefan View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
                            Thanks Stefan

I've been keeping an eye on Plato for the past few weeks. They are not shipping just yet.

A take it you are also happy with the yeast performance? Reaching the stated attenuation, viability etc?
                            Yep. Very happy. I tend to pitch a bit more than they suggest though. It's tricky because fresh lab yeast is often pitched at lower counts than I'm used to. Chatted to Neva Parker at white labs and she said that for some yeasts they go as low as 50% of std pitching rates. I prefer to err on the side of more yeast. That being said, I have no idea what the counts are on the homebrew pitches.

But yes, been very happy with their yeasts.

Comment

Thread necro, totally off-topic and hopefully not too straight forward, but @Stefan, do you work for Little Wolf? I've got a question or two for you about your Virgin Cider, if you wouldn't mind sharing?

Comment

Working...
                              X