Lallemand Yeast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lallemand Yeast

Busy browsing through the Brewmart yeast selection. I notice that stock quite a bit of the Lallemand strains.

Any of you guys have experience with Lallemand?

Listed strains are:

Diamond Lager
    DIAMOND Lager Yeast Diamond lager yeast is the yeast of choice for brewers looking for clean, authentic lager character in their beer. Chosen for its robust character, Diamond is a true lager yeast strain that is used by some of the world?s largest breweries. Diamond delivers excellent fermentation performance, all with the convenience and reliability you have come to expect from Lallemand Premium Yeast.

Abbaye
    ABBAYE Belgian-style Ale Yeast Abbaye is the go-to yeast for brewing a wide variety of Belgian-style ales including high-gravity beers like Dubbel, Trippel and Quad. Its high ethanol tolerance gives you excellent fermentation performance with true-to-style flavor contributions. Abbaye is also an excellent choice for high-alcohol specialty beers like Christmas ales.

Belle saison
    Belgian Saison-Style Yeast One of the world’s most unique and identifiable styles, Saison-style beers are gaining in popularity, and Lallemand is proud to introduce the first dry yeast made for Saison-style brewing. Belle Saison lets brewers create Saison styles easily and with all the characteristics noted for this classic style. Designed for warm-temperature fermentation true to the traditional production methods of the style, these beers exhibit the “Farmhouse” flavors and aromas that make for a fruity, spicy and refreshing drinking experience.

BRY-97
    American West Coast Ale Yeast American Ales are the most popular beer styles in the craft brewing market, and we are proud to introduce our first strain for this class of styles. BRY-97 American West Coast Yeast was selected from the Siebel Institute Culture Collection and is used by a number of commercial breweries to produce different types of ale. The propagation and drying process have been specifically designed to deliver high quality beer yeast that can be used simply and with reliability to help produce excellent ale styles.

CBC-1
    CBC-1 has been specially selected for its refermentation properties and is recommended for Cask and Bottle Conditioning. CBC-1 referments beers up to 12-14% ABV due to its high resistance to alcohol and pressure; it does not produce flavors therefore conserving the original character of the beer. The yeast will settle and form a tight mat at the end of refermentation. CBC-1 can also be used for primary fermentation and is especially suitable for Champagne-like beers and fruit beers.

London ESB
    No details

Munich
    Munich MUNICH Wheat Beer Yeast Wheat beers are among the most popular beer styles in the world, and now you can brew great wheat beer styles reliably and conveniently with premium Munich Wheat Beer yeast from Lallemand. Munich Wheat Beer yeast originated in Bavaria, Germany, and the strain was selected to allow brewers to control the level of phenol and ester production through variations in raw material selection, mashing profile and fermentation techniques. This makes Munich the strain of choice for a wide variety of wheat-based beer styles.

Munich Classic
    Munich Classic Wheat Beer Yeast The Munich Classic wheat beer yeast strain is used by breweries large and small to produce flavorful, full-bodied and aromatic Bavarian-style wheat beer. A ?classic? German wheat beer strain, Munich Classic can easily express the spicy and estery aroma profile typical to German wheat beer styles, making it simple to use over a wide range of recipe variations and fermentation conditions.

Nottingham
    Nottingham High-Performance Ale Yeast If you are looking for amazing versatility from an ale yeast, look no further than Nottingham dry brewing yeast. Nottingham offers great performance with every batch, allowing brewers to cover a wide variety of beer styles with just one yeast type. The Nottingham strain was selected for its highly flocculant and relatively full attenuation properties. It produces low concentrations of fruity and estery aromas and has been described as neutral for ale yeast, allowing the full natural flavor of malt and hops to develop.
    Michelle
    Last edited by Michelle; 28 September 2017, 12:50.

Lallemand is one of the big names in yeast. They own our Anchor brand.

Their Nottingham is the "Notties" you might have heard about on international forums.

I've had good results with both Notties and Abbaye. But I am in no way an experienced enough taster to prefer Notties over Fermentis S-04 for example.
    For things I'm selling:
    - I can be contacted at homebrewer at dline dot co dot za
    - I am located in Pretoria East
    - I am always open to reasonable offers, especially if you are picking up more than one thing I'm selling.

Comment

I've used a few of their strains.
      The Nottingham strain I last used ages ago. I don't remember being for or against it but was very inexperienced at that stage.
      Used the West Coast Ale last year and was pretty happy with it. Very similar to US-05 in my mind.
      Used the Belle Saison yeast for a few saisons. As far as I know it is a french saison strain, similar to the mangrove jack french saison, and to me it produces a very similar fermentation profile (with my saison fermentation schedule).

Comment

i use bry-97 all the time. i much prefer it over us-05. there's something about us-05 i don't like and i cant quite put my finger on what it is; bry-97 doesn't have that.

Comment

Think I'll test drive the Bry-97, Notties and Munich strains. They match most of my brewing plans.

Comment

Anybody brewed a Kolsch with the Lallemand Kolsch yeast?https://www.lallemandbrewing.com/en/...yle-ale-yeast/
            2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

Originally posted by Harhm View Post
              Anybody brewed a Kolsch with the Lallemand Kolsch yeast?https://www.lallemandbrewing.com/en/...yle-ale-yeast/
              Nope not yet, but early next year as I noticed today when I picked up stock that Beerlab also have this on inventory now

https://www.beerlab.co.za/collection...tyle-ale-yeast
              The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

They also have the new Sour Pitch in stock, tho expensive ...

https://www.beerlab.co.za/collection...rew-sour-pitch

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                  Nope not yet, but early next year as I noticed today when I picked up stock that Beerlab also have this on inventory now

https://www.beerlab.co.za/collection...tyle-ale-yeast
                  Ordered it today, with some odds and ends to justify the courier cost. I see a Kolsch in my near future ;-)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
                  Harhm
                  Last edited by Harhm; 30 November 2019, 04:33.
                  2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

Dry Voss Kveik now also available ....

https://www.beerlab.co.za/collection...-ale-yeast-new (Cape Town)

https://www.brewkegtap.co.za/online-...mand-c44620218 (Gauteng)

Comment

Bugger, just paid more to somebody to bring in from Europe.........

Comment

Has anyone ordered any yet?

They got it in stock the day after I ordered.
                        Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
                        Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Comment

I will most probably get a pack next week.
                          I got the LCRagnarok Kveik (cultivated myself quite a lot which i have stored) and LC Midtbust Kveik, which I have yet to open but will be culturing more of it before using it with the MJ Juicy Session IPA next week.
                          (Yes, i'm still extract breweing but looking to upgrade soon! )

Comment

"Cabin fever" Kölsch that I brewed with the Lallemand dry yeast

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice

Comment

Working...
                              X