Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi From Cape town

Hi Guys

I have taken the plunge and am going all out to build a hybrid Herms system. I must say I wish I had Roof kyked this forum a lot earlier it would have saved me a ton of R&D lots of great advice. Maybe one day, when I have marinated properly I could offer some good advice as well. So I've also read a ton, sifted through hours of YT and absorbed all I could, from as many people as possible, including brewers themselves, been to a number of meet the makers at places like Capital Craft in PTA etc.. looking forward to interacting on the site.

kind regards

Dregs
    Regards

Dregs

Exploring the Science of fermentation!

Welcome
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Welcome Dregs,

Have you started brewing yet or are you planning to first build your system?

Comment

Originally posted by The Flying Brew View Post
        Welcome Dregs,

Have you started brewing yet or are you planning to first build your system?
        Hi TFB

I have done some pineapple beer (champagne)and then did a Malt Extract and grain brew (Partial Grain) with a single Boil kettle and a separate (Hot water Pot) but all very clumsy and messy and it was evident immediately that future consistency was going to be largely a shot in the Dark. I then researched systems and decided on a Herms system with a twist and have designed it so that I can fully automate the process later on using Arduino boards etc. having built my own CNC machines and 3D printers I have a little knowledge in that field. I plan on doing my own Malting as well as I already grow Barley and Oat fodder for my Horses in a Hydroponic Fodder system and have become quite adept at germination of the grains which is half of the war won, Then just a drying / Roasting Kiln which is not rocket science, basically a temperature and humidity controlled environment and were cooking on Gas literally and figuratively speaking, but that is phase two. Right now I just want to build my system and make some beer.

kind regards

Dregs
        Regards

Dregs

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
          Welcome
          Thank you Sir!
          Regards

Dregs

Comment

Welcome!

Please create a thread or blog where you can show us all the process you went through with the construction. I am sure there are many that are interested and a few that can even give advise.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by AtronSeige View Post
              Welcome!

Please create a thread or blog where you can show us all the process you went through with the construction. I am sure there are many that are interested and a few that can even give advise.

Cheers!
              Hi Atronseige

I most definitely will, I am just finishing two welding projects that have been on the back burner for 6 months and then I will start the build. I have have purchased pretty much all the components pumps etc. but I'm using my Herms build as an incentive to finish my other projects (Grid tie PV system, and a stand for my 3 in one guillotine, slip roller and bender). I would appreciate any advice I can get, thanks for the offer.

regards

Dregs
              Regards

Dregs

Comment

Welcome, dude! I'm a fellow newbie who also started brewing before finding this place, and I can kick myself a bit as well. Looking forward to your posts on constructing cool things in the future!

Comment

Working...
                X