Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Brew in a basket

Any of you brewers know of an "engineering" company (preferably in CTN) that can cut the hole in my keggle to a larger diameter?

20180131_104940.jpg

Once the hole is bigger, I want said company to also do a "Brew in a basket" mesh bag for me to the diameter of the new hole, but with a custom smaller diameter at the bottom so it can "bypass" the temp probe and pickup tube.
    Something almost like this ....

BIABExample.jpg

Like i said, I would prefer someone in CTN so I can take them the keggle and they can do a "live fitting"

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Video
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

I would also love a basket, so if you do find one let me know

There are some guys up here, but the prices for baskets are insane.

Ja jong, dis mos SA ... waar SS teen die prys van goud verkoop word
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    Ja jong, dis mos SA ... waar SS teen die prys van goud verkoop word
    I think it is cheaper to have a basket made in China and ship it in.

Heh. Just got a quote for some mesh. It's a 5m long, 1.3m wide roll, stainless steel woven mesh with a 350micron aperture size using 0.16mm wire is...R1,704.30.

My my calculations you should be able to make 12 baskets from a roll, which means for the mesh you'll come in at around R150 per basket for the mesh. Not bad at all, ey?

EDIT: Oh, I should clarify, the baskets as above would be of size 30cm tall and 30cm in diameter, as I used for calculations. Bigger will obvs use more more material and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Heh. Just got a quote for some mesh. It's a 5m long, 1.3m wide roll, stainless steel woven mesh with a 350micron aperture size using 0.16mm wire is...R1,704.30.

My my calculations you should be able to make 12 baskets from a roll, which means for the mesh you'll come in at around R150 per basket for the mesh. Not bad at all, ey?

EDIT: Oh, I should clarify, the baskets as above would be of size 30cm tall and 30cm in diameter, as I used for calculations. Bigger will obvs use more more material and all that.
    I'd be keen to get into a group purchase.

I need a basket for my 200L system. 1.3M wide sounds right, and I'd probably need 3m

Quote Originally Posted by jakeslouw View Post
    I'd be keen to get into a group purchase.

I need a basket for my 200L system. 1.3M wide sounds right, and I'd probably need 3m
    Ey I'm not planning a group buy, but if there's interest I'll get the information together and everyone can decide on a way forward? Hell I'm not even interested in a SS basket (for now), I only requested a quote for shits and giggles...

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Ey I'm not planning a group buy, but if there's interest I'll get the information together and everyone can decide on a way forward? Hell I'm not even interested in a SS basket (for now), I only requested a quote for shits and giggles...
    pass the quote on please?

jakeslouw AT gmail DOT com

Quote Originally Posted by jakeslouw View Post
    pass the quote on please?

jakeslouw AT gmail DOT com
    Sent! If you're going to build baskets - do let the rest of us know. Prices are cheap enough that plenty might be interested. I don't even brew with grains and I want one now... :')