Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings fellow brewers.

Hi Guys,

Mike here from JHB East. I discovered this new hobby by accident and although I am still an extreme amateur, dont have any equipment and haven't even brewed my first batch I have read tons of articles, knowledge bases and gone through tons of info available on the net. The more I read the more questions I have, and the more I am excited to try things, even if people tell me it's a dumb or worthless idea. No matter to me as I see it as a learning curve.

First off, I have no illusions of thinking i'll become a brew master, for me its more about enjoying something of my own creation, and being able to always do something new.

I hope to learn a lot from everyone here, and even though some days i might ask dumb questions, or questions that might make people roll their eyes or facepalm themselves, I hope to still get something positive that i can take away and use from this new "family" of brewer's.

Next post will be in What are you brewing.

Mike.

Welcome
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Welcome, just go for it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
      2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

Hi Mike

Welcome to the fraternity! I highly recommend reading How To Brew by John Palmer. (4th ed)

That book will give you all the knowledge to brew good beer at home.

Cheer!

Comment

Hey Mike,

The Worthogs Brewers East Rand chapter has is meeting this Thursday at Werners Bistro in Bedfordview.
          It's a great opportunity to meet up with homebrewers of all experience levels and ask all the questions you want.

See the website https://www.worthogbrewers.co.za/ for details and to register. Also, join the Worthog Brewers facebook page - another good place to ask questions.

Hope to see you on Thursday!

Rob

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am so looking forward to start brewing my own beer and experiment with different styles and learning tons of new stuff. @AtronSeige, thank you, yes I have already read the book, when I just started getting interested in brewing its the first book I came accross on the net, and I am sure I will read it many more times to make sure I understand what I read.

@robcass, thank you, I already joined one or two facebook groups, not sure if it was the worthogbrewers but if not I will join that group too.

Cheers,

Comment

Working...
            X