Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeast taste on lagers? Please help.

Good Day All!

So I have made a few extract kits, ales, stouts, and lagers but with all the lagers I've made I keep getting a yeast taste in the finished beer. The thing is I've tried the yeast that comes with the can, Saflager W34/70, and the mangrove jack ale temp lager yeast, I don't know what I'm doing wrong or not doing. With all except the Saflager yeast I let the wort ferment at room temp the Saflager Batch I had at 13c in a re-purposed fridge with temp control for 11 Days before 2 days Diacetyl rest.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Originally posted by iR Polly View Post
    Good Day All!

So I have made a few extract kits, ales, stouts, and lagers but with all the lagers I've made I keep getting a yeast taste in the finished beer. The thing is I've tried the yeast that comes with the can, Saflager W34/70, and the mangrove jack ale temp lager yeast, I don't know what I'm doing wrong or not doing. With all except the Saflager yeast I let the wort ferment at room temp the Saflager Batch I had at 13c in a re-purposed fridge with temp control for 11 Days before 2 days Diacetyl rest.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Yeast taste as in "fermenting bread" yeast? If not, please explain in a bit more detail.

Please expand on your fermentation regime (time, temp) and your bottling/kegging process.

What do you consider "room temp"?

If you are up for it and you are willing to share, I can taste your beer.

Comment

Originally posted by AtronSeige View Post
      Yeast taste as in "fermenting bread" yeast? If not, please explain in a bit more detail.
      No more like that last bit left over in your bottle.

Please expand on your fermentation regime (time, temp)
      Fermentation time is generally one week, I normally brew/bottle on Sundays. I might leave it longer if the gravity is not constant then it would go two weeks (no I don't rack to a secondary fermenter)
      Normally with the "beer cans" and extracts the fermentation is "done" in about 4-5 days. But the 2xBIABs I've done were 10 days (Mangrove Jack Yeast) and 13 days of which 2 were Diacetyl rest. (W34/70)
      Temps for the lot save the W34/70 batch was room temp so in the 20-24°c range, the W34/70 Batch was cooled to 15°c before pitching (Used ice bath and immersion chiller took me 16 minutes) then fermenter was placed in the pre-cooled fridge.

and your bottling/kegging process.
      Clean (Manually) and sterilize my bottles (and siphon ect) add white sugar measured with priming spoon for carbonation Siphon beer and cap (caps I also Sterilize) all with no-rinse sterilizer.

What do you consider "room temp"?
      20-24°c
      If you are up for it and you are willing to share, I can taste your beer.
      No problem I'd love another brewers opinion

Comment

Working...
      X