No announcement yet.

Kegs/taps/etc for hire/rent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That one-way keg looks pretty awesome! I am just not sure at all how the filling and pressurising will work? I guess you'll need a CO2 bottle and those things anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
      As a PS: How long does it take to carbonate a keg?
      My last batch I cold crashed and then moved to the keg. Cranked the pressure up to 2 bar, lay the keg on its side and rocked it back and forth for 10 minutes. I then put it in the kegerator and hooked it up to the taps, let it sit for 30 min and poured a glass with plenty of head. Not perfectly carbonated but with enough carbonation to enjoy the beer.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by atunguyd View Post
        My last batch I cold crashed and then moved to the keg. Cranked the pressure up to 2 bar, lay the keg on its side and rocked it back and forth for 10 minutes. I then put it in the kegerator and hooked it up to the taps, let it sit for 30 min and poured a glass with plenty of head. Not perfectly carbonated but with enough carbonation to enjoy the beer.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
        That sounds a bit long ... rocking for 2min should be more than enough, judging from a couple of videos I've seen on YT
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

For R3900 you can get a single keg setup, which if you look after you could pass down onto your firstborn
          https://www.brewkegtap.co.za/online-...o-1-p112337821
          All you then need is a second empty keg..when the first beer is finished you connect to the second keg. I find an empty flip lid bin takes a keg quite easily for chilling.
          Why bottle? Kegit

Comment

Working...
          X