No announcement yet.

Cleaning bottles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea I have also always been sceptical about a dishwasher but I am sure many do it religiously without problems.

Mainly I find it hard to believe that spray with sufficient cleaning force can consistently enter the bottles through the narrow neck bore. Secondly I see dishwashers, probably unjustifiably, as icky things with chunks of food gummed up and rotting all over the internals

In theory tho, it should all be thumbs up for sanitizing.
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Before Kegging, I used to use my dishwasher to sterilise the bottles.
      Would wash and stack in a crate, on bottling day put them on the 80 degree sanitise cycle.

Comment

My 2 cents. I find the easiest way, is to throw away dirty bottles. When I mean dirty, I mean those lying there in the corner of your garage/kitchen the last couple of months that were not cleaned prior to storage.

Immediately after I drink a beer, I rinse the bottle three times, then put in crates and store. On bottling day, I inspect the interior, quick rinse, then sanitise (no-rinse, sanitiser), put cap on, transfer beer with auto-siphon and then cap.

Comment

You people sound like you re-wash your dishes after it comes out the dishwasher
          The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
            You people sound like you re-wash your dishes after it comes out the dishwasher
            Here's the dishwashing process in our house...
            1. Scrape food into bin
            2. Rinse all the food and grime off under hot water which 99% cleans plates
            3. Load clean plates into dishwasher
            4. Run dishwasher, but scrape and scour all the pots and pans that the dishwasher won't clean.
            5. Sit and discuss what a wonderful purchase the dishwasher was and what a convenience and time saver it is (as it spends 2 hours cleaning the final 1%)
            6. Unload dishwasher... Load wet stuff into the drying rack to dry... Stack plates with stuck on food chunks into sink to wash by hand later
            7. Retrospectively realise it's taken me more time and effort to clean a load of dishes than it would have just doing it all by hand.

So yea...I'm not the biggest dishwasher fan
            Cheers,
            Lang
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Well, you either got a crap dishwasher or something is wrong

With the never dishwashers you should also load the dishes dirty ... just scrape out the leftovers & then straight to machine. some washers then weigh the load and also rinse to do a dirt test ... If it senses very dirty dishes it will do an intense wash.

Our washer usually goes on when we go to bed at night and the next morning everything is sparkling clean and dry (why unpack to dry?)

EDIT:
              JIGSAW
              Last edited by JIGSAW; 27 August 2018, 20:24. Reason: Added Video
              The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Working...
              X