Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walts Malts - Made in SA

Some cheaper malt are now available....

Waltz local malt can now be ordered from Beerlab.co.za ... Also available in bulk
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Its wort the try to compare the lager malt R18/kg against SAB pale R 15/kg ( I remember something about somebody that had quite a increase in efficiency with the lager malt)
    I have a Pilsner brew coming up and would like a compare the Pilsner against a bag of Dingemans pilsner that I have.
    2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

SAB should be less than R11 / kg. R520 per 50kg.

Even Castle Malt isn't that expensive in bulk, and if you're still buying base pale malt by the KG, you're a chop.

Comment

Makes one wonder how many guys on the forum are not buying base malts in bulk.
        2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
          SAB should be less than R11 / kg. R520 per 50kg.

Even Castle Malt isn't that expensive in bulk, and if you're still buying base pale malt by the KG, you're a chop.
          Originally posted by Harhm View Post
          Makes one wonder how many guys on the forum are not buying base malts in bulk.
          Im a chop then ... cant afford a good mill to grind my own when I buy in bulk .... but I'll get there

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
            Im a chop then ... cant afford a good mill to grind my own when I buy in bulk .... but I'll get there
            define good

This will work:

https://www.pricecheck.co.za/offers/...in+Grinders+Co

And in fact it is the same as the base model from Beerlab that is R100 more expensive.

https://www.beerlab.co.za/collections/grain-mills

Comment

+1 for me. I dont brew nearly often enough
              Cheers,
              Lang
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
                define good

This will work:

https://www.pricecheck.co.za/offers/...in+Grinders+Co

And in fact it is the same as the base model from Beerlab that is R100 more expensive.

https://www.beerlab.co.za/collections/grain-mills
                I had a look at those from Beerlab and played with the one they have on display .... sorry to say, but it's REALLY crap and there is no way Im throwing that amount of money at it. R450 sounds more like the correct price

Comment

I had a look at those from Beerlab and played with the one they have on display .... sorry to say, but it's REALLY crap and there is no way Im throwing that amount of money at it. R450 sounds more like the correct price
                  Are you talking about the Corona or the Matt mill?
                  Cheers,
                  Lang
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

I have a Corona and personally I think it works great, have done over 20 brews with it, since I purchased it. Cast iron, basically zero maintenance.
                    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

Originally posted by Langchop View Post
                      Are you talking about the Corona or the Matt mill?
                      The Afrimill (Corona rip-off)

Originally posted by BeerHolic View Post
                      I have a Corona and personally I think it works great, have done over 20 brews with it, since I purchased it. Cast iron, basically zero maintenance.
                      I agree, the Corona mills from yesteryear works great, but the ""clones"" they sell lately are crap

Comment

Hey guys what’s ur feel on the Victoria mill,I’ve had the corona mill before and don’t really notice a difference between the two

Comment

Originally posted by Tmartins View Post
                          Hey guys what’s ur feel on the Victoria mill,I’ve had the corona mill before and don’t really notice a difference between the two
                          I think the Corona and Victoria grinders are virtually identical, both of them being made by Corona.
                          Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

Working...
                          X