Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by Langchop View Post

Might be worth doing a chain and sprocket kit as a parts kit where the person could then connect the motor/ drill up as they like to their stand/ table/ cabinet etc?
    Yes, that was my idea, a separate item that uses a UJ and you fasten the UJ to the end of the shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeslouw View Post
    Yes, that was my idea, a separate item that uses a UJ and you fasten the UJ to the end of the shaft.
    I think we are both visualising this differently?. With sprockets you should be able to get away from using UJ's if you hold the drive sprocket directly in the drill chuck and mount the drill. A shafted drive sprocket between two bearing bosses would be a very different story though, but add quite a bit to cost. Then you could have a UJ attached to that shaft.
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Generic Reason for Editing: Because no matter how hard I try to check, the second I click 'Post Reply', I see a gazillion typos.
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...." ; Trying to perfect the super quick and easy small batch all-grain brew method
    www.ginormity.com

Quote Originally Posted by Langchop View Post
    I think we are both visualising this differently?. With sprockets you should be able to get away from using UJ's if you hold the drive sprocket directly in the drill chuck and mount the drill. A shafted drive sprocket between two bearing bosses would be a very different story though, but add quite a bit to cost. Then you could have a UJ attached to that shaft.
    yes I think very differently

I was thinking a pressed steel housing, containing two sprockets running on a pair of bearing shafts joined by a length of chain

the drill would attached rigidly on the power input shaft and then the power output shaft to the mill would have a UJ so that you don't need perfect alignment between the output shaft and the mill drive shaft

Ahh okay I am with you now. Would be cool, but I think it lands up needing lots of parts and being heavy and expensive. I will look into options like that too tho.
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Generic Reason for Editing: Because no matter how hard I try to check, the second I click 'Post Reply', I see a gazillion typos.
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...." ; Trying to perfect the super quick and easy small batch all-grain brew method
    www.ginormity.com

Please keep it cheap ... that's the only reason I don't own one yet, as just about ALL the other makes out there are way overpriced .... that's why i also wondered about the drill direct to mill shaft like many a homebrewer from across the pond are doing ... wouldn't that be the cheapest option ? ... they recon the cordless drills are better, with less speed and more torque

Something "straightforward" like this

The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!