Wort pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnDoe View Post
    Is it not advisable to have the output pointing upwards to let any air bubbles out quickly?

Correct ... up as in not to form an air pocket

Screenshot_42.jpg

You could fit a bleed-off to let air out ....

Screenshot_43.jpg
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Hello, can one run those washing machine pumps continuously during mashing to circulate the wort? I saw one one of the photos that it has a prescribed duty cycle: x min on and y min off. Regards, Andries Doman

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by domanah View Post
        Hello, can one run those washing machine pumps continuously during mashing to circulate the wort? I saw one one of the photos that it has a prescribed duty cycle: x min on and y min off. Regards, Andries Doman

Im not the best person to answer in a homebrew context, so maybe someone can give a better hands-on answer than me, but it looks like you urgently want an answer...

The duty cycle is usually related to overheating so you should not exceed the run time X, and then needs a suitable cool down time Y. That said, there is almost always a safety factor so you usually *could* push it a bit longer. Say 12, 15 minutes, maybe even 20, but then its at risk.

For a 60 minute mash, I would say its a bit of a no-go.
        Cheers,
        Lang
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Originally posted by domanah View Post

I wouldn't run it continuously if it's not made to be run like that. You need to work out how much wort you want to pump and then check the duty cycle on your pump to determine if it'll work though. If the pump moves, say, 10l/min and you can run it for 10 minutes, you can move 100l of wort, which is fine for more homebrewers, I'd guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
            I wouldn't run it continuously if it's not made to be run like that. You need to work out how much wort you want to pump and then check the duty cycle on your pump to determine if it'll work though. If the pump moves, say, 10l/min and you can run it for 10 minutes, you can move 100l of wort, which is fine for more homebrewers, I'd guess.
            I think his application is for continuous wort circulation during the mash rather than transfer, if I understand correctly, which makes it a bit more tricky than the above scenario
            Cheers,
            Lang
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

...but with a herms system you do want to circulate the full 60min mash don't you ? 10-15min is not gonna do the trick

@Bigfoot might be able to give us more info ?

Comment

I'd use a proper centrifugal pump for continues wort recirc.

https://www.banggood.com/Magnetic-DC...r_warehouse=CN

Comment

That pumps wont overheat at 65 to even 80 deg.
                  I use the exact same one 7 years later no problems. I even turn on my system at 10 pm and the next morning when i start milking cows at 4 am the system is on temp and just begin the mash. Even the cooling of the wort after boil it runs for about 30 min from boil to 20 deg. Dont worry.
                  And at that price am happy to go biy a new one once a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Bigfoot

Comment

Hello, just want to confirm that this is the pump to buy to recirculate wort for 60min?

https://www.tecsareco.co.za/product/...ic-version/528
                      "Well, I suppose if I’m being honest, there were a few times in the past where I admit I did have a drinking problem,

But I can truthfully say that I’ve become more responsible since then,

and today I always make sure that I have enough beer around so that I’ll never have a problem drinking again."

Comment

^ That would be correct

Screenshot_4.jpg

Ask for your discount

Comment

Rather go for the E 117 M
                          The in and outlets are smaller so easier connections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X