X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaaah that makes more sense [emoji846]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Comment

On a first glance it looks like the circuit will work fine, is a bit tricky figuring out someone elses drawing, but seems to be fine :-) Let me know if it works.

Comment

The overall system seems to work fine. I focussed on checking the SCR module output. At first I tried to measure the voltage with a voltmeter to check but just got a discrete step change from 220V to 0V when near zero on the input panel. (I then learned it wont work unless you measure it under a load)

I then did a more real world check by filling my bucket to usual wort level, and then tweaking the settings until just suitable to maintain temperature of around 64 deg. [bypassing the STC1000 control]
        I eventually found this to be around the "75 Volts" mark which in reality equates to an approximate '34% of full power' setting. Once I got the water to this temp and gave it a stir to make it homogeneous, It maintained withing +- 0.5 degrees for 4 hours.

I would obviously need to just tweak a bit more for wort and different volumes/ insulation and ambient temps, but I dont think it would be far off from that 34%. Cant wait to try this with the next brew.
        Cheers,
        Lang
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Working...
        X