Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Kveik liquid yeast in SA

Hi all,

Anyone know if Kveik is available in SA?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by groenspookasem View Post
    Hi all,

Anyone know if Kveik is available in SA?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    This seems to be the only thread on this forum that deals specifically with Kveik? I presume you managed to get a hold of some since your post in November. I think it's worth having a dedicated thread for this. Kveik got a lot of airtime in 2018 and homebrewers need to brew with it before we can establish how it can fit in with our arsenal of strains. I suspect craft brewers will also be more comfortable brewing Kveik if homebrewers have paved the way a little.

Hi,

I'm not big on the detail of this one, but check out Liquid Culture. (www.liquidculture.co.za)
    Specifically strain LC018 Kviek Ragnarok.

You can buy direct, BrewKegTap are distributing and they are planning rollout to other LHBS in 2019. (Met them at AfricaBrew a couple of months back - I've just brewed with their NEIPA yeast which was exceptional).

Cheers,
    Cameron.

Hi Guys
    For those looking for a Kveik yeast strain, please send us a email or reply to this thread, should we have sufficient interest we will look at have a special batch made up sooner rather than later.
    info@brewkegtap.co.za
    Why bottle? Kegit

Hi, yes I am interested!
    "Well, I suppose if Iím being honest, there were a few times in the past where I admit I did have a drinking problem,

But I can truthfully say that Iíve become more responsible since then,

and today I always make sure that I have enough beer around so that Iíll never have a problem drinking again."

Still interested, I did import some, but will happily get some more

Might give it a go also ....

PS: Any dried versions available in SA ?

Slightly off topic : Back in the 1940/50/60's my dad and granddad used something like Kveik on the farm ... they made bread, beer, mampoer, you name it from this yeast. the wet yeast then gets scooped into cheese cloth and hung in a tree to dry till next use ... amazing how yeast was treated back in the day
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

If you were in cape town...

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    Might give it a go also ....

PS: Any dried versions available in SA ?

Slightly off topic : Back in the 1940/50/60's my dad and granddad used something like Kveik on the farm ... they made bread, beer, mampoer, you name it from this yeast. the wet yeast then gets scooped into cheese cloth and hung in a tree to dry till next use ... amazing how yeast was treated back in the day
    Same here, my granddad and uncle also made mampoer, I remember them drying the yeast in the oven with the door open like granma would dry the rusks. I think they poored the yeast onto brown paper in a shalow baking try.

Im also looking for some Kveik, have not deside maybe Sigmund-Gjernes from Voss or Ebbegarden from Stordal or both.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Harhm; 11th January 2019 at 15:17.
    I love brewing session beers and lagersTime is on your side, never rush a beer Have fun, its only beer

https://www.brewkegtap.co.za/online-...Jhb-p129413674

The latest Kveik yeast just released by Liquidculture available at Brew Keg Tap

https://liquidculture.co.za/strains/..._style_strains

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Harhm; 23rd January 2019 at 12:27.
    I love brewing session beers and lagersTime is on your side, never rush a beer Have fun, its only beer