Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Brew View Post
    One of the last pale ales left of the first Ragnarok (kveik) brews. Doesn't look like it's interested in clearing up at all, so the turbidity is something I will expect with this strain as it looks pretty similar to the other pics on this thread. Will fine the next one as a test with gelatine.

Attachment 2020
    Nice one, its still a very good looking beer
    I value your experience more than your opinion Time is on your side, never rush a beer Have fun, its only beer

IMG-20190628-WA0000.jpg
    Here is the Cream Ale I brewed with Ragnarok in post #57. Centinial and S.Passion
    OG 1.035 fermented at 22C finished in 5 days. FG 1.007 Attenuation 79% abv 3.5% IBU 13. I did a 2 day cold crash @ 4C.

I bottled it 4 weeks ago.Light and crisp with citrus slight spice and orange pith, dry finish, nice lingering bitterness.
    I also didnt use gelatin to clear, It has been at 4c for the past 2 weeks I dont think it will clear more than this.
    Last edited by Harhm; 1st July 2019 at 10:40.
    I value your experience more than your opinion Time is on your side, never rush a beer Have fun, its only beer

That looks divine, I reckon that hop haze plays a big role in turbidity when it comes to kveik. I had some real clear beers using it, and noticed hazy ales when dry hopping kveik, finings helps and only clears up two weeks later in the keg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Looks Awesome Harhm. You, didn't share the ibu or fg. How low was your alc% sounds like you managed to get it low but not watery.

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jannieverjaar View Post
    Looks Awesome Harhm. You, didn't share the ibu or fg. How low was your alc% sounds like you managed to get it low but not watery.

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk
    Thanks guys, I edited my post above to include FG and abv.

First run with Stranda kveik, the smell in the fermfridge is amazingly good.

Quote Originally Posted by groenspookasem View Post
    First run with Stranda kveik, the smell in the fermfridge is amazingly good.
    How did the beer come out and where do you get your kveik strains from Groenspookasem? I've just been using the LC strain the last couple of months. Got some supplies at NFP yesterday and they are bringing in Hornindal and Oslo (neutral kveik strain) from the states. Pretty keen on bringing Hornindal on board. Interesting times.

Wondering if you guys also found that the Kveik can lead to a pretty light-ish body. Seems to be a consistent character between my brews with it.

https://www.experimentalbrew.com/pod...ing-long-beach

Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Brew View Post
    Got some supplies at NFP yesterday and they are bringing in Hornindal and Oslo (neutral kveik strain) from the states.Wondering if you guys also found that the Kveik can lead to a pretty light-ish body. Seems to be a consistent character between my brews with it. https://www.experimentalbrew.com/pod...ing-long-beach
    Any news from NFP ? Im looking for a Oslo culture.

I'm looking for a pretty neutral Kveik, around PTA/Fourways. Anyone got any leads?

You might be in luck Harhm. They posted to some groups yesterday that they have Aurora and Oslo left after fulfilling backorders.
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."
    www.ginormity.com