No announcement yet.

Kveik liquid yeast in SA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea what mail forwarders to use, actually. I'll ask you some more when the time comes

Comment

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
      I have no idea what mail forwarders to use, actually. I'll ask you some more when the time comes
      aramex, postboxcourier, just check the shipping restrictions, paypal works a treat too, you'd need to supply an invoice to them, essentially you have a mail address in the country you buy from, gets shipped to your SA address, they take care of customs, you pay them for shipping and clearing. i'm about to get some stuff from kegland in aus, stupid compression fitting in cpt is R650 and Au$2.90. Really.

Comment

Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
        aramex, postboxcourier, just check the shipping restrictions, paypal works a treat too, you'd need to supply an invoice to them, essentially you have a mail address in the country you buy from, gets shipped to your SA address, they take care of customs, you pay them for shipping and clearing. i'm about to get some stuff from kegland in aus, stupid compression fitting in cpt is R650 and Au$2.90. Really.
        Yeah that's just no money comparison. Think I need to check it out for some other things I might need. Thermowell comes to mind.

Comment

Kegland has some nice stuff

They also suggested I use a freight forwarding solution to SA ... who did you go with ? groenspookasem
          The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Aramex global shopper, I'm avoiding sapo

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Got the last packet of Oslo from NFP on Saturday, brewed a 5% 100% Pilsner malt single hop lager on Sunday kegged yesterday and served at Worthogs meeting last night. Everyone who tasted it was really surprised at how clean the fermentation was and to me there were no noticeable off flavors what so ever on a 3.5 day "lager" grain to glass. It was fermented at 31.5c, got down to FG 1,006 . Definitely going to be experimenting a lot more with this one. I am suitably impressed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Im developing a bit of Kveik envy. How was the clarity after such a short time?
                Cheers,
                Lang
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

I also think its time I get some testing done with this Kveik thingamabob ....

Is there a neutral strain I can use for anything from lager to ale to stout ??

Comment

Voss is a pretty neutral, are you in Cape Town?

Comment

It was pretty clear before I bumped the fermenter and roused some of the yeast, it also clumped and pretty much just dropped out of suspension.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Noted

Yes, Goodwood Cape Town

Comment

https://www.escarpmentlabs.com/singl...kveik-ferments

Some interesting findings

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
                          2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

Nice find

Comment

Found a midtbust kveik at brewcraft. Planning to use it on a pale ale.
                              Does anyone have any experience with it?

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

Not midtbust yet, but kveik will change your world. Do check out the topcrop method, super easy to keep that initial 5ml pitch going ad infinitum. I have Voss,stranda, simonaitis,skare and Oslo is en route. I'll pickup midtbust from brewkegtap soon

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X