Stellenbosch brewery beers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stellenbosch brewery beers

So I got a stellies 4 pack and wanted to review them but didn't record my notes so these are just general observations.
    I had the:
    Hoenderhok bock
    Born free pale ale
    Bosh Weis
    Eike Stout

The first three were cloudy. All of them. With the stout it doesn't matter. But I didn't expect it on the pale ale.
    I don't much like the Weis style so I won't comment on it but the other 3 were all drinkable. Nothing special.
    The stout even tasted very tame. Which I didn't expect with that head. It wasn't overly fizzy but those bubbles just wouldn't pop.
    The bock didn't have an alc smell and was rather enjoyable.

I wont be buying these again.
    Maybe some of their other brews are more my speed.

Anyway just some notes from a novice brewer and a terrible beer taster

Cheers
    Jannieverjaarkoeldrank

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

^ That's not beer .. that's a glass of foam which in turn will turn into flat beer?

but thanks for the update ... you've convinced me to stay with my motto .... DON'T buy bottled craft beer
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Considering what that bottle of foam costs you have a good point

Comment

Slightly surprised, I know Stellies to be very good. Maybe drop Bruce an email, I'm sure he will be more than happy to engage and get feedback.

I think it's really important that we give our feedback to all breweries, wineries, restaurant, etc. Craft or Macro. Customer feedback is one of the best ways to improve product.

DM me if you need contact details.

Comment

Will do. I'm not around the corner so it might just be old beer. Spot on about the feedback

Comment

Had a lekker chat with Paul. He even offered to send replacements up using speed freight. Really cool guy. Thanks for his details Cam.
            Will go check them out if I'm down in that part of the world again

Comment

Comment

So I sent Bruce that mail. He felt the same as Cam and insisted I give I'm my address. A week later I had not only 4 replacement beers but 2 cans extra. With some interesting looking flavors. Now I will start by saying the stout was much better this time around. Still liked the buck and the IPA was still to bitter for me. Now on to the others. The mass hoppyness ipa. 70ibu according to the label with 2x dry hop. Was EPIC! So good in fact my wife enjoyed it as well. The sorghum gose was a nice light session beer but the pina colada stole the show. Really fruity. Pineapple and lychee and it left me wanting more so I have to say these guys can brew.

Cheers
                Jannieverjaarkoeldrank

Comment

I wish most companies could see the value of such phenomenal service. Just like that, plus your positive feedback on this forum, and they probably have another 100 new loyal customers. Kudos to them.

Oh, and I was also fortunate to get that Aloha in this month's league of beers. It really was a great mix of flavours.
                  Cheers,
                  Lang
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Working...
                  X