Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Simple View Post
    Just be careful if you go for a double plug. Often the Live is wired to both plug switches internal to the plug. What this means then is that both plug outlets are either going to be cooling or heating. And you want one heating and one cooling. Therefore unless your double plug has the capability to have separate Live connections, the answer is to use two single plug outlets.

But how do you know this you may ask - because I have made this mistake! (aka experience....)
    I made exactly the same mistake! They dont make em like they used to?. I think most are like that. If I remember correctly the Crabtree ones still are separate.
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."
    www.ginormity.com

Yeah I'll definitely do two different plugs then. They're cheap enough to get, so I'll just get two. A reptile heating pad is not a bad option to have. Thanks gents, I think I'm going to buy that one!

On that note then, welcome to a world of even better beer
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    On that note then, welcome to a world of even better beer
    Thanks! Temperature control has always been my main problem. I can't wait to try it at a nice, controlled temperature! I'm already planning a death-by-chocolate stout...

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Thanks! Temperature control has always been my main problem. I can't wait to try it at a nice, controlled temperature! I'm already planning a death-by-chocolate stout...
    And on that note, they're damn snappy. Payment went through at 07:48. I just got the email that the parcel is "En Route", at 08:06. I'm impressed!

Picking up the fridge next weekend...

Check out uncle bils double chocolate stout, also temp controlled fermentation is where it's at. I wired my heatpad directly in and the single plug to the fridge. I used an outside plug housing for the box and can slide the top over to close it. Sits on top of the fridge

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ooh yay, guy with the fridge pulled out. So now I have an STC-1000 but no fridge. Fantastic.

Well, you're halfway there. Now you have the time to find the right one at the right price. With so many people leaving SA you're spoilt for choice too. It could have been a blessing in disguise

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by groenspookasem View Post
    Well, you're halfway there. Now you have the time to find the right one at the right price. With so many people leaving SA you're spoilt for choice too. It could have been a blessing in disguise
    Yeah I doubt I'll find one for that money again. It's in great nick, and would have cost me R300. Bummer, but eh.

Yeah I doubt I'll find one for that money again. It's in great nick, and would have cost me R300. Bummer, but eh.
    You will probably be good to go through the winter, with a lamp in a cool cupboard or cabinet. . Then have time to keep an eye out for a good gumtree deal
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."
    www.ginormity.com