Where to get WB-06 yeast closer to home Parklands/Table View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get WB-06 yeast closer to home Parklands/Table View

Where to get WB-06 yeast closer to home Parklands/Table View - as the title says. I just went this past weekend all the way to beerlab to get my stock - I got the wrong yeast for my WIT beer I want to make - now does anyone know of someone that might sell yeast closer to parklands/ table view area?

Only places I know that sell brewing supplies is Beerguevara and Beerlab - they both a 30min drive from my side.

Any suggestions?

Not that Im aware of, sorry
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Sorry, no idea on stores. You might want to posters on SouthYeasters facebook page - there are few members up that way that might have some in the fridge?

Comment

Hi ray It’s also not close but you can try beerplus, don’t complain to much I have to drive 2 hrs to get brewing supplies

Comment

I drive an hour. Buy more bulk.

Comment

Guys, serious question - why does it seem like some people are willing to drive out ~R500's worth of petrol to a shop, but they won't pay a R100 courier fee?

Comment

you guys drive way to far! LOL.

Well its only a R55 packet of yeast - courier is R80.. So doesnt make sense to me. Oh Well will make a plan tomorrow lunchtime and take the bike. Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
                Guys, serious question - why does it seem like some people are willing to drive out ~R500's worth of petrol to a shop, but they won't pay a R100 courier fee?
                in my case, the courier fee is more than the fuel to do it myself, so we set up a bulk inventory and go in to Centurion and get a bakkie load

Comment

Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
                  in my case, the courier fee is more than the fuel to do it myself, so we set up a bulk inventory and go in to Centurion and get a bakkie load
                  If you're close to the shop, sure. I also prefer driving, because it's a ~6km round trip for me to the closest brew shop, but I've seen some people drive 200km to go collect their things, and then it's ~3kg grain and a baggy of hops :/

Comment

Everyone’s situation is different, I live a distance away , so mostly courier ingredients in bulk, but also remember some suppliers do not courier glass bottles etc.

Comment

My 2c, I'm playing around with some base Malts before pulling the trigger on large bulk purchases, marris otter in the lead so far. However WaltsMalts play to my local heartstrings.

Specialty from lhbs, I play around with styles too much and propogate and store yeast, but will import hops from jhb if I can't find it at beerguavara, beerplus or beerlab (my only reason to really shop about. Spring water from swartland (farm outside Piketberg) electricity from eskom (sigh)

Just found a local beekeeper in the peninsula, so mead is back on the menu.

Bulk grain and yeast propagation drives costs down considerably

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

My Mash Efficiency actually went down ever since using Walts Malts .... Have you used it yet? and any commend?
                        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                          My Mash Efficiency actually went down ever since using Walts Malts .... Have you used it yet? and any commend?
                          So I'm not a expert brewer - but this last batch I made the past weekend my mash efficiency also went down from what it normally should be with the as I bought Walts for the first time - I normaly bought the 25kg at beerguevara - but they stopped selling 25kg.. so I went to beerlab for their 25kg walts malts. But it could just be me not milling fine enough - will make another batch this weekend and make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post

I made a Vienna lager (pilsner) with it and it was fine. Efficiency stayed within reasonable tolerances. I mashed for 70min and boiled for 35min. I haven't tried their others yet, but am planning to do so soon, based on those tests I'll decide. Does anyone know if they have the PPG (points per gallon) rating for the range Walts Malts?
                            groenspookasem
                            Banned
                            Last edited by groenspookasem; 24 May 2019, 10:54.

Comment

Interesting regarding Walts, was thinking of bailing from SAB. Not the first time I've heard rumours about the efficiency.

Comment

Working...
                              X