No announcement yet.

Half grain brew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super clear! For sure it's not blonde but it's good. Had a check and I'm thinking beer enhancer #15 PROBABLY means it's for bjcp style 15. Which just so happens to be Irish beer with 15a being Irish red ale...........

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
      Had a check and I'm thinking beer enhancer #15 PROBABLY means it's for bjcp style 15. Which just so happens to be Irish beer with 15a being Irish red ale...........

Unfortunately that's not how it works
      Grab a BJCP style guideline and start reading the beer descriptions and profile (aroma and flavour) while you are drinking/evaluating your beer and try and place it in the closest BJCP category to the actual taste of the beer. Do the same with all other craft beers that you drink, its the best way to learn more about beer styles.

Knowing what different beer styles taste like is very valuable when you want to improve on your own brewing and start creating your own recipes.

That's a awesome looking beer
      Harhm
      Last edited by Harhm; 22 July 2019, 09:47.
      2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

Thanks man. Sounds like a sound way of going about it as well as a very good reason for drinking beer!

Comment

Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
          Brew blend #15 from brew craft. Does it add color? My suspicion is yes and way more then I thought. On the website it states for all the enhancers
          "Contains a balance of malt, hops and sugars to emulate the particular style of beer. Use in place of dextrose of sugar to produce a fuller bodied fuller flavored beer"
          I'm assuming they mean dextrose or sugar.
          I couldn't find a profile for it on beersmith so I used the dextrose profile.

Let me go back. I quickly chilled 2 last night. Opened and poured. Head is low as can be expected on day 5 of bottle conditioning. But the colour is spot on for an amber ale! Taste is crisp and easy drinking slightly malt forward with some biscuit I think. Lovely beer, but once again not a blond

I'll get a pic today.

Cheers
          Jannieverjaarkoeldrank

Found the below when I was still doing extracts.
          #10 Gemdex - 250g maltodextrin and 750g dextrose
          #15 Brewblend - 250g maltodextrin, 250g malt and 500g dextrose
          #20 Brewblend - 250g maltodextrin, 500g malt and 250g dextrose
          Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

250g malt..... that could be anything. And in the description they say and hops. But it doesn't make sense.

Comment

The malt I beleive is pale ale malt extract.
              Not sure about the hops.
              Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

The malt is normal DME AFAIK

I think they add a hop powder to the mix ?
                The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

I think I found it. Didn't have to look to far though. 18b American pale ale. I'm on the light side of every scale here except the color where I'm at the dark side but in style.
                  Compared my brew with the only locally available blonde ale. Die blonde uil van buffelsfontein. And for real. I prefer my own.

Comment

Working...
                  X