Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Vienna...ale?

From what I understand they just vary the proportions of the "blend" every season/ batch to target a specific AA range of ~12%. The "T90" part is a bit of a misnomer as, like Hahrm says, its just the 'type' of hop pellet format, which is exactly the same as most hops pellets we are able to buy. They do still seem to refer to it as "T90 Blend" for some reason?

Toxxyc, if you got sharp flavours from your S. Star and thats ~70% of the T90 blend, then it kinda makes sense. Maybe I should give Magnum a shot, or S. Promise (If you arent still lying )
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."
    www.ginormity.com

i warned you guys about the ZA hops cultivars, but NO, ignore that advice................

Quote Originally Posted by jakeslouw View Post
    i warned you guys about the ZA hops cultivars, but NO, ignore that advice................

still haven't brewed with a sab hop, still not intending to either.

Quote Originally Posted by Langchop View Post
    From what I understand they just vary the proportions of the "blend" every season/ batch to target a specific AA range of ~12%. The "T90" part is a bit of a misnomer as, like Hahrm says, its just the 'type' of hop pellet format, which is exactly the same as most hops pellets we are able to buy. They do still seem to refer to it as "T90 Blend" for some reason?

Toxxyc, if you got sharp flavours from your S. Star and thats ~70% of the T90 blend, then it kinda makes sense. Maybe I should give Magnum a shot, or S. Promise (If you arent still lying )
    I confused myself with SStar and SPromise. SPromise is the nicer one. Tell me how much you want to use in your next brew and I'll weigh it out for you and bring it along when I return your urn. It's the very least I can do, and then you don't have to go buy a baggie full just to test.

PS: From what I get now from the SPromise, I think it's going to turn into my exclusive hop to use in lighter flavoured beers, like lagers and vienna-based beers (which I'm totally crushing on now).

I haven't used any of the other sa hops but I used S passion with Motueka in my last blonde and it was awesome! Cant say I taste Passion fruit though. For sure using it again

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jannieverjaar View Post
    I haven't used any of the other sa hops but I used S passion with Motueka in my last blonde and it was awesome! Cant say I taste Passion fruit though. For sure using it again

If you want a tropical fruit hop, try U1/108. It's been renamed to Southern Tropical now, apparently. Tastes like tropical fruits and stuff. I want to make a fruity weiss or something like that with it sometime.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8uwZmr...ature=youtu.be

Strong Aussie language

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Right at the end he's just like...... no, shakes his head, no......
    That was hilarious!
    Almost like auziman reviews

LOL I don't see how that beer would be THAT bad though.

Righto. I found a video online here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHPy...ature=youtu.be

This guy is a pro brewer, and he followed the same rough procedure I did when making this beer. No boil on the grains, and I just went further and also did a no-chill. I love the idea. Boil the hops on the side during the mash time, add at the end of the mash and sparge with cold water to volume when you're done, straight into the fermenter. You were saying something about lazy brewing, Langchop? I think this takes the cake...

PS: The beer in my fermenter right now is fantastic. It's pretty dry, very low in bitterness (I'm guessing around 15 IBUs), and the malt flavours are better blended this time, so to speak. I like it. It's currently lagering (for the past two weeks or so), and it's looking to turn out great. I love this method, and this recipe is awesome. Will start tweaking it now.