No announcement yet.

Vienna...ale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please please please keep one for me. Very interested in a raw beer flavour profile

[PS. Im still looking for Lecol beer concentrate for the ultimate in lazy beer making ]
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

• Originally posted by Langchop View Post
      Please please please keep one for me. Very interested in a raw beer flavour profile

[PS. Im still looking for Lecol beer concentrate for the ultimate in lazy beer making ]
      I got plenty. Will bring you few when I return your urn. Hoping to bottle before you need it back, but just shout if/when you need it and I'll bottle a few for you quick. I think this one is nicer than my previous one, and the previous one was pretty nice already.

EDIT: As a PS, I can't find anything in the beer that describes it as "raw" for me. It tastes much of the same as the previous one did, just less hoppy.
      Toxxyc
      Last edited by Toxxyc; 5 November 2019, 11:15.

Comment

• Tasted this beer from the fermenter (at 1.2ºC, so nice and cold) just now, and it's perfect. I'm going to enter this one in a competition somewhere soon, I hope. It's frigging spot-on.

Comment

• good on ya
          Cheers,
          Lang
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

• Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
            Tasted this beer from the fermenter (at 1.2ºC, so nice and cold) just now, and it's perfect. I'm going to enter this one in a competition somewhere soon, I hope. It's frigging spot-on.
            Nice one, it will still change a lot, Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
            2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

Tasted this beer from the fermenter (at 1.2ºC, so nice and cold) just now, and it's perfect. I'm going to enter this one in a competition somewhere soon, I hope. It's frigging spot-on.
              join a club, Worthogs has 2 competitions at least every year

Comment

• Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
                join a club, Worthogs has 2 competitions at least every year
                Actually considering applying to Worthogs to start a new chapter in my area. The Pretoria one is closer to where you are, in the Hartebeespoort area, and there are plenty of brewers in the Moot area. Have like 5 or 6 guys just there from a single point of contact already. Maybe I should give it a shot...

Comment

Actually considering applying to Worthogs to start a new chapter in my area. The Pretoria one is closer to where you are, in the Hartebeespoort area, and there are plenty of brewers in the Moot area. Have like 5 or 6 guys just there from a single point of contact already. Maybe I should give it a shot...
                  No, Pretoria chapter is based in Centurion. Meetings at Capital Craft.

We run the Harties chapter.

Comment

No, Pretoria chapter is based in Centurion. Meetings at Capital Craft.

We run the Harties chapter.
                    Ah yeah, that's what I meant. Centurion is still a stretch. Plenty of brewers much closer to Pretoria Moot area, specifically Waverley. People like their beer there, yo. You should see my neighbor looking into my garage each time the door it open since I told him I brew my own beers there

Comment

Ah yeah, that's what I meant. Centurion is still a stretch. Plenty of brewers much closer to Pretoria Moot area, specifically Waverley. People like their beer there, yo. You should see my neighbor looking into my garage each time the door it open since I told him I brew my own beers there
                      well go for it, but you have to become a member first and show your mettle, we as the board members don't just let any old Moot person in

Comment

well go for it, but you have to become a member first and show your mettle, we as the board members don't just let any old Moot person in
                        Oh for sure. I honestly don't expect to just send an email and BOOM chapter is there. Will run the course as needed

Comment

• Bottled this batch this weekend. Another taster revealed it's not changing much in the fridge, so I bottled it instead. Holding at 15°C again until carbonation is complete (2 weeks, I hope) and then I'll chill it down again. I expect these will go quick. Got 2 x mini kegs, 26 large bottles and 8 small bottles from the batch. WAY better than 1 x mini keg and 12 bottles like the previous batch. Small batch brewing doesn't seem to cut it...

Comment

• In the end you'll have a tasty beer you made yourself :-) I do like Vienna Lagers every now and then, good show

Comment

• I'm also a fan of Vienna lagers, but I have found a new problem with my brewing. I get "tired" of a style very quickly. As in, two or so brews, and I'm over it. I had it with the hoppy beers, I've seen it with the stout and now I'm seeing it with the Vienna lager. I fall in love with it, we have a hot, fiery fling and then it fizzles out like the head on a cider. I'm already looking at my next brew style, and I HIGHLY doubt it'll be a Vienna based beer at all. I'm leaning toward a Pilsener, or even a nice Irish Red Ale.

Comment

• Trick is to not do them back to back. I rotate styles and circle back to certain ones after a while, certainly do a Red Ale and Pilsner - both great beers

Comment

Working...
                                X