Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us your brewing equipment/area (bar's, braai's and mancave's)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea nice fridge setup there Beerholic. Big enough for all sorts of options.

At constant temps I hold my probe against the side of the fermenter, midway up fluid height, with a square of polystyrene foam and elastic. When i ramp temps up or down I move the probe to open air in the chamber to make it more gradual and controlled
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
      ^ stick it to the outside of the fermenter (like 40% of homebrewers are doing)

or inside a bottle of water inside the fridge (like another 40% of homebrewers are doing [me also])

or google to see what the other 20% are doing
      Haha I saw someone doing the inside-a-water-bottle thing, and figured it's not an inaccurate way, but since fermentation is an exothermic reaction your temps won't match your beer temps during fermentation. I guess that half a degree or something off won't matter too much. Will just stick it to the fermenter with masking tape, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
        Haha I saw someone doing the inside-a-water-bottle thing, and figured it's not an inaccurate way, but since fermentation is an exothermic reaction your temps won't match your beer temps during fermentation. I guess that half a degree or something off won't matter too much. Will just stick it to the fermenter with masking tape, I think.
        That myth is also one that has basically been busted. (read something about it few years back and then changed my setup from against the side to inside a bottle)
        The larger fermenter giving off a warmer temp is quickly picked and and transferred to the liquid in the smaller bottle with the probe.... so yeah, that couple of minutes it takes to take up that ½º is nothing.
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
          That myth is also one that has basically been busted. (read something about it few years back and then changed my setup from against the side to inside a bottle)
          The larger fermenter giving off a warmer temp is quickly picked and and transferred to the liquid in the smaller bottle with the probe.... so yeah, that couple of minutes it takes to take up that ½º is nothing.
          Exactly, yeah. I think I'll maybe just stick it to the fermenter with masking tape. Should be just fine.

Comment

Since we have a large chamber, I put the probe at roughly the height of the tops of the fermenters. There is enough air circulation due to convection to ensure a fairly accurate reading.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerHolic View Post
              Brewing area

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2035[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2036[/ATTACH]

Fermentation chamber and bottle conditioning

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2037[/ATTACH]
              Great stuff Beerholic
              2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

Originally posted by Harhm View Post
                Great stuff Beerholic
                Thanks, upgrading my burners at end of month, the 2 ring takes a bit long to heat water, getting a 3 ring.
                Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

Had to burn of some LPG at work due to a regulator issue. Could have boils some wort with that flame

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
                    Had to burn of some LPG at work due to a regulator issue. Could have boils some wort with that flame

Do you work at a refinery?

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

Comment

No a Platinum smelter. But we use a hell of a lot of lpg.

Comment

Because I am only now starting to settle on my regular use equipment, and it was out of the usual boxes and packaging, I managed to take some pics today...

The mash/boiler/fermenter kit set up in the kitchen on brew day...
                        Screenshot_20190806_192642.jpg
                        Screenshot_20190804_154853.jpg
                        Screenshot_20190804_154935.jpg
                        Screenshot_20190804_155007.jpg
                        Screenshot_20190804_155040.jpg

The fermenter chamber (for winter and or ales) which lives near the bar, cos it was made to match...
                        Screenshot_20190804_155115.jpg
                        Screenshot_20190804_155208.jpg
                        Screenshot_20190804_155246.jpg

The keezer for summer fermenting, lager fermenting, lagering, and....
                        Screenshot_20190804_160701.jpg

... then as set up for keg dispensing with taps and tray... ( Sadly this lives in the garage, but is on wheels so it can make a trip to the bar/lounge when we have gatherings)...
                        Screenshot_20190804_160724.jpg

And finally the bar area, when the beer meets it's end...
                        Screenshot_20190804_155842.jpg
                        Attached Files
                        Langchop
                        Last edited by Langchop; 6 August 2019, 21:00.
                        Cheers,
                        Lang
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Nice!

Comment

That is an exceptionally cool set up. I think I need to come and test those seats and see if they comfy.
                            "Well, I suppose if I’m being honest, there were a few times in the past where I admit I did have a drinking problem,

But I can truthfully say that I’ve become more responsible since then,

and today I always make sure that I have enough beer around so that I’ll never have a problem drinking again."

Comment

Originally posted by billionairebum View Post
                              That is an exceptionally cool set up. I think I need to come and test those seats and see if they comfy.
                              Sure. But you got to be contactable
                              Cheers,
                              Lang
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Langchop View Post
                                Sure. But you got to be contactable
                                Touché............
                                "Well, I suppose if I’m being honest, there were a few times in the past where I admit I did have a drinking problem,

But I can truthfully say that I’ve become more responsible since then,

and today I always make sure that I have enough beer around so that I’ll never have a problem drinking again."

Comment

Working...
                                X