Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us your brewing equipment/area (bar's, braai's and mancave's)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also use my Braairoom/Bar area for brewing ...

...and yes, I support the BULLS

Equipment/Junk Corner (sorry for the dark pic):
    Equipment.jpg

The Brew Spot:
    BrewSpot.jpg Keggle.jpg

Fermentation Corner (under bar):
    Fermentation01.jpg Fermentation02.jpg

Keg Fridge:
    KegFridge01.jpg KegFridge02.jpg
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Jigsaw se bloed is blou! Looks like a nice place to spend a Saturday!

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

@ Johan Stander: explain the function of the two side pipes and ball valves on the smoker please?

Comment

^ As the hot air rises on the inside it sucks air in thru those pipes and you control how much air by closing the ball valves, thereby controlling the temperature on the inside

they usually have an air out control also, which I dont notice on his model

Comment

Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
            @ Johan Stander: explain the function of the two side pipes and ball valves on the smoker please?
            Hi Jakes. The pipes and ball valves are to regulate your air intake. That's how you control the temperature on the smoker. There is another 3/4 inch barrel nipple at the back of smoker, but since I always keep that one open when smoking, I didn't bother with the stand pipe and ball valve. I just close it with an end cap when I am done with it. I am happy to pm you more pics showing exactly how it works if you are looking at building one. You can also use the 57cm Weber lid instead of my lock ring and drum lid. I just went with this, because it was what I had available at the time.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, please send pics, I have 4 drums ready to be made into UDS

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                ^ As the hot air rises on the inside it sucks air in thru those pipes and you control how much air by closing the ball valves, thereby controlling the temperature on the inside

they usually have an air out control also, which I dont notice on his model
                Not really a controlled outlet in my case. Just 10 22mm holes around the edge of the lid. Works great.

Comment

Looks good, I bought a Kamado Joe (not the Chinese kamado Jan, which is an atrocity) around 10 years ago and only halfway through my warranty. Great product! Replaced the seals once and it's still good as new. ability to cook low and slow for 10 hours or so. Or sear at 450c then drop temp to cook. Makes great pizzas and can hot and cold smoke. Love the thing

Http://www.kamadojoe.com

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
                    Looks good, I bought a Kamado Joe (not the Chinese kamado Jan, which is an atrocity) around 10 years ago and only halfway through my warranty. Great product! Replaced the seals once and it's still good as new. ability to cook low and slow for 10 hours or so. Or sear at 450c then drop temp to cook. Makes great pizzas and can hot and cold smoke. Love the thing

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
                    I've been looking at them, but they are very pricey. But you get what you pay for and they are brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
                      Yep, please send pics, I have 4 drums ready to be made into UDS

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
                      No problem. I am doing a chicken on it at the moment. Once everything is cooled off I will open it up and send you the pics and measurements.

Comment

Brewing area

WP_20190623_001.jpgWP_20190623_004.jpg

Fermentation chamber and bottle conditioning

WP_20190623_006.jpg
                        Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

^ Nice, Like the fridge ... I would do 4 brews at a time with that baby

Comment

I'm getting a fridge this weekend to make a fermentation chamber with. Managed to pick one up for a song, it seems. Now I have just one question - where is the best place to sit the STC-1000 controller's temperature probe to make sure the temperature is as accurate as possible?

Comment

^ stick it to the outside of the fermenter (like 40% of homebrewers are doing)

or inside a bottle of water inside the fridge (like another 40% of homebrewers are doing [me also])

or google to see what the other 20% are doing

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                                ^ Nice, Like the fridge ... I would do 4 brews at a time with that baby
                                Yep, only done 2 at once. I need another temp controller for the fridge side to do 4, most likely upgrade this summer.
                                Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

Working...
                                X