Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by jakeslouw View Post
    I'm considering using something else because Beersmith 3 is crap. I've now reverted to version 2.
    In what way? ... I've done the upgrade and can't find it fault .... imported all my recipes and actually prefer this over the previous version now that Im used to it.
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Quote Originally Posted by Johan Stander View Post
    I will look into it thanks. I was just wondering, because a lot of the recipes shared here are from Beersmith and I can't open them.
    Hi Johan, another good resource for recipes is the book Brewing Classic Styles. I use that for a base or reference point for most of my beers. When I follow the recipes straight, they are always well balanced beers.

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    In what way? ... I've done the upgrade and can't find it fault .... imported all my recipes and actually prefer this over the previous version now that Im used to it.
    I'm getting weird cases where my efficiencies are now out and the colours as well. Now that could be ingredient specs but I used standard ingredients as per the inventory and I'll have to now check the same recipe between the two versions and try an isolate the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Brew View Post
    Hi Johan, another good resource for recipes is the book Brewing Classic Styles. I use that for a base or reference point for most of my beers. When I follow the recipes straight, they are always well balanced beers.
    that book should be owned by every brewer

That is definitely my next buy. I have Home Brew Beer by Greg Hughes already and there are some great recipes in there too.

Had a quick look at Brewfarther seems quite good. Impressed with there inventory. Might use at a later date, currently use an app I developed for myself.
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Quote Originally Posted by jakeslouw View Post
    I'm getting weird cases where my efficiencies are now out and the colours as well. Now that could be ingredient specs but I used standard ingredients as per the inventory and I'll have to now check the same recipe between the two versions and try an isolate the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

that book should be owned by every brewer
    Also check your equipment profile, might have been defaulted in the upgrade? I've never used beersmith, but it could be a place to check

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BS3 was supposed migrate all profiles properly, but yes, I'll need to now go and check exactly where the issue is.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah, I must admit, I also had some issues in the beginning which because of homebrew intakes i can't remember exactly what, but it didn't take me to long to get everything as i wanted it
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Here is a preview of the book Brewing Classic Styles and the recipe formats
    I value your experience more than your opinion Time is on your side, never rush a beer Have fun, its only beer

Thanks Harhm. This book will definitely be my next purchase.