No announcement yet.

CO2 cylinders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Lang. Where are you currently filling your CO2 bottles? I've purchasing a 1kg bottle today but it is empty.
    Slowly slowly building my kegging rig. I'll get a bigger botte if my brews work out.
    And if I can complete the kegging kit that is.

Comment

I challenge you to find "food grade CO2".

CO2 is scavenged using a moerofa complex process. There is no way Afrox changes they way the do that for "food grade". CO2 is a pure gas: there are no impurities in CO2.

Comment

Someone should build a system that harvests the CO2 from your fermentation process and sticks it into a bottle for use on the kegs.

Comment

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
          Someone should build a system that harvests the CO2 from your fermentation process and sticks it into a bottle for use on the kegs.
          they have, just not very price sensitive for home use: most large commercial brewers are switching to this

Comment

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
            spunding valve - you can get one from brewkegtap.co.za

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Merrifield View Post
              Thanks Lang. Where are you currently filling your CO2 bottles? I've purchasing a 1kg bottle today but it is empty.
              Slowly slowly building my kegging rig. I'll get a bigger botte if my brews work out.
              And if I can complete the kegging kit that is.
              I actually just use a Sodastream cylinder atm, which I just keep refilling from my 5kg fire extinguisher. [which I havent had to refill yet] I bought it from www.firstaider.co.za as that was the best price I could find....might be worth seeing if they do refills?
              Cheers,
              Lang
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

@ Langchop

I might have asked before, but what adapter are you using to fill from the larger cylinder ?
                The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Merrifield View Post
                  Good morning guys. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm new to the game.
                  I see you are quoting pricing for CO2 refills at a fire place. Is there not a health risk when using fire grade CO2 instead of food grade? Is there even a difference? I was told that fire grade makes the beer taste different.
                  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
                  Thanks.
                  Wayne - 083 209 0270
                  wayne.merrifield@gmail.com
                  Like others have said ... CO² Liquid/gas is the same for ALL industries. What make a sodastream cylinder so-called foodsafe is that they apparently use sanitary equipment and piping and hoses to fill said cylinder ... but its the same CO² that makes the bubbles in your beer

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                    @ Langchop

I might have asked before, but what adapter are you using to fill from the larger cylinder ?
                    Jigsaw, its one of the toys I bought from Banggood.

dfgdfg.PNG

It wasnt exactly cheap but my wife was drinking copious amounts of soda water at the time so it was a worthwhile spend.
                    Cheers,
                    Lang
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

My wife was also going through to much soda water so I just bought a 9l keg and added a tap to my keezer hooked up to this. She now has soda water on tap and at R35 a 2kg CO2 refill it is as cheap as chips

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Where in DBN are you getting your CO2 2kg for R35? I have an uncle coming up on Monday and he'd be able to bring one up for me.
                        What does it cost new bottle included as I have nothing at the moment.

Originally posted by atunguyd View Post
                        My wife was also going through to much soda water so I just bought a 9l keg and added a tap to my keezer hooked up to this. She now has soda water on tap and at R35 a 2kg CO2 refill it is as cheap as chips

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Also, I bought this CO2 bottle today. (Was only R80 so if it's useless it's not a massive loss) I was wondering if anyone knew if it could be use for my kegger? And if so, how?

Wayne.
                          CO2.jpg

Comment

You just need an adaptor. Google Centa in dbn
                            Langchop
                            Last edited by Langchop; 16 August 2019, 15:55.
                            Cheers,
                            Lang
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Langchop View Post
                              Jigsaw, its one of the toys I bought from Banggood.

It wasnt exactly cheap but my wife was drinking copious amounts of soda water at the time so it was a worthwhile spend.

Aah yes, now I remember.

I also drink lots of Soda,and use one of these to carb a 2L pet water bottle

Screenshot_11.jpg

Also works great to quickly carb up some beer to take to a braai and also doubles as a counter filler from keg to bottle (PET)

Brewcraft Local Stock

Comment

That little goody is very versatile. Do you have a little tube and stone on the spigot or do you just turn upside down when carbing?

I'm thinking this could also be just the thing for the occasional bottle fill from keg.
                                Langchop
                                Last edited by Langchop; 17 August 2019, 14:34.
                                Cheers,
                                Lang
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                                X