Spunding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spunding

Anybody here using a spunding setup to carbonate their kegged beers ?
    2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Thought about it, it gives you the ability to ferment lagers under pressure with natural carbonation and no oxidation, first few pulls will clear out the trub. Hence lagers with low hop content, I'd advise to filter when transferring to the keg for fermentation. Even a 400 micron sieve will be helpful,also hopspider in boil.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been spunding for a while now, there is nothing like a crisp clean clear lager turned around in a week or less. The temp controller and yeast is important along with the spunding valve. Definitely a worthwhile exercise to make some crushable lawnmower beers.
      I brewed a lager on and saturday and the keg was empty by the end of friday night thanks to some help.
      I also suggest transferring to a serving keg and then repitching onto slurry.
      Why bottle? Kegit

Comment

Please put your process down. I'm doing pilsner in 10 days, less is better. So, keen to hear your doings. Kveik has me covered for a quick ale, but if I can equalize them, that would be awesome

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

It's no different to bottle carbonation with bottling sugar. We've done it a few times, especially with beers that can handle being outside a fridge. Just maybe vent the keg slightly before dispensing.......

Comment

I think this piece of kit relates to the topic? ....

The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

An unboxing Vid .....

The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                I think this piece of kit relates to the topic? ....

That is a very well thought out design. Very cool
                Cheers,
                Lang
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Working...
                X