What should I buy next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
    Yes, 220-240VAC, uses two spade connectors, I made up a housing for mine and fitted reinforced hose with nylon camlocks. I can take a pick later and post it?
    Please do!

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Comment

PUMP.jpeg

Here you go, nothing special, just a Communica project box, some reinforced hose, and a set of cam locks.
      The slot in the lid is due to the pump housing diameter: a deeper box would have been better but I had it lying around from my STC1000 project.

I have two lengths of distribution hose depending on how far I want to pump liquid: a 1.5m and a 2.5m length, with the necessary camlock ends.

Pump gets rinsed after every transfer, then gets properly soaked with sanitiser before the next use. Haven't had any issues so far. It's a diaphragm pump, so very little chance of residue.

It's a dishwasher pump and will handle up to 70 deg C easily: can't vouch for sustained pumping of boiling liquids though.

Comment

Awesome. I suppose there is no real need to recirculate during the boil.

Do you know if these pumps can handle a variable resister to dial down the pressure? To sparge for example

Comment

Originally posted by johncoram89 View Post
          Awesome. I suppose there is no real need to recirculate during the boil.

Do you know if these pumps can handle a variable resister to dial down the pressure? To sparge for example

just use an inline ball valve to regulate the flow

Comment

Working...
          X