Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Alright, didn't get to it this weekend. Something to do this upcoming weekend then! Sorry for keeping everyone waiting, but shit's busy in my life right now...

OK so I did this test. I made a video and I'll be doing the voice for the video during this week sometime. Unexpected results, with a much bigger difference in the two beers than I expected.

Thanks for doing this. Look forward to the vid
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."
    www.ginormity.com

Waiting patiently
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

OK dudes, the test is done. I did the voiceover for the video. I'm TOTALLY amateur, camera shy and not used to this at all, so apologies for the terrible quality, but nonetheless, here it is:

https://youtu.be/8upUhWGt-tw

Would have been nice if you had a means to test the gravity on that gusher to confirm if and how much lower it fermented inside the bottle ?

PS: nice video and test
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Cool vid man. Have to say from the thumbnail I thought no way this happened with just hot vs. Cold. Look at that color difference. Then you said it foamed and caused all the trub to re suspend. Now that made much more sense. I had less but similar issues with foam due to the hot conditioning. Really interesting how the conditions affected the perception of hops vs. Malts. Definitely worth exploring further with something stronger and maybe more hoppy

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jannieverjaar View Post
    Cool vid man. Have to say from the thumbnail I thought no way this happened with just hot vs. Cold. Look at that color difference. Then you said it foamed and caused all the trub to re suspend. Now that made much more sense. I had less but similar issues with foam due to the hot conditioning. Really interesting how the conditions affected the perception of hops vs. Malts. Definitely worth exploring further with something stronger and maybe more hoppy

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk
    Yeah I have that planned for my next brew. Langchop made a great SMaSH the other day that I tasted this weekend and it got me thinking. I want to start doing a few SMaSH brews simply because of their simplicity. My brew day on Saturday went totally wonky (again), so I just want to do something really plain and simple for the next brew. I'm also going to be scaling down a tad and doing a bit smaller brews. I then want to do a very simple SMaSH - like a pilsner, and do the same comparison again. I want to see if I can replicate those results. After that I can do a more complex brew perhaps, maybe a stout or a nice IPA. We'll see.

Your beer is not gushing because it is contaminated with a wild yeast Saccharomyces var. diastaticus, you more than likely contaminated it during bottling.

The hot conditioned beer shows elevated signs of contamination and staling because the rate of chemical and biological prosesses are accelerated by 2 to 3 for every +-10 C that you conditioned the beer warmer than the control beer. Hence the massive difference in the 2 beers.

Dont bottle condition your beer warm for longer than needed to carbonate or store your beer warm inless you like old stale flavours to develop faster. The 1st flavours that you will lose is the hop character.

No need to make a excuse for having the Bok logo on anything
    Last edited by Harhm; 24th October 2019 at 05:44.
    I value your experience more than your opinion - You could but you shouldn't - You should but I wouldn't - Time is on your side, never rush a beer - Have fun, its only beer - Don't believe all the crap you read on the www

Quote Originally Posted by Harhm View Post
    Your beer is not gushing because it is contaminated with a wild yeast Saccharomyces var. diastaticus, you more than likely contaminated it during bottling.

The hot conditioned beer shows elevated signs of contamination and staling because the rate of chemical and biological prosesses are accelerated by 2 to 3 for every +-10 C that you conditioned the beer warmer than the control beer. Hence the massive difference in the 2 beers.

Dont bottle condition your beer warm for longer than needed to carbonate or store your beer warm inless you like old stale flavours to develop faster. The 1st flavours that you will lose is the hop character.

No need to make a excuse for having the Bok logo on anything
    Interesting. Thanks for this. It all makes sense and does combine with the results perfectly. I unfortunately don't have enough storage to always store all my beers cold, so I guess I'll have to drink more. Faster. Stronger.