Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Yea thanks for all the info. I'm also not interested in this specifically to speed things up, but looking at reducing the oxidation while also reducing esters. Probably want to do it with ale yeasts, but if necessary, lager yeasts. I am planning to do a few clean crisp SMaSH brews and want clean flavours from the yeast.

I currently use two vessels from grain to glass and this might let me change things up a bit.

Ie I currently strike, mash, boil, ferment in one vessel and then transfer to keg to dispense.

I may consider trying strike, mash, boil in one vessel, and then pressure ferment and dispense in a keg as a variant. Will be watching with interest Hahrm to see if/how your no chill in a keg goes. I do feel like I am murdering mother nature when I waste water with my chiller coil
    Last edited by Langchop; 11th October 2019 at 08:38.
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."
    www.ginormity.com

Pressure fermented Lite Lager 3.5% abv. 34/70 @ 20C for 2 weeks 12 psi.

Kegged it 2 weeks ago. Clean ferment, med/high ibu's with a slight hop presence, nice and dry finish. Very refreshing, already planning version 2

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I value your experience more than your opinion - You could but you shouldn't - You should but I wouldn't - Time is on your side, never rush a beer - Have fun, its only beer - Don't believe all the crap you read on the www

Man, now pressure fermenting is tickling me. Must admit Voss pilsners aren't quite 34/70 crisp...I know a guy that builds spunding valves and I do need at least two more kegs...which can fit easy peasy in my ferm fridge...that beer looks like more to me.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Harhm View Post
    Pressure fermented Lite Lager 3.5% abv. 34/70 @ 20C for 2 weeks 12 psi.

Kegged it 2 weeks ago. Clean ferment, med/high ibu's with a slight hop presence, nice and dry finish. Very refreshing, already planning version 2

Looks good. Maybe I should just try a lager yeast to start. Do you still have all the 'cleanness' like a lager that has had lots of time to clean itself up?

I'm keen to try a pressure ferment soon. Just about finished making my 'spunding valve', which is just a simple ball lock coupler balance weight, which should quite accurately do exactly what I need it to do without all the extravagance and bells and whistles:
    IMG_20191014_204447.jpg
    Hopefully within the next three weeks I can give it a go
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.ginormity.com

Quote Originally Posted by Langchop View Post
    Looks good. Maybe I should just try a lager yeast to start. Do you still have all the 'cleanness' like a lager that has had lots of time to clean itself up?

I'm keen to try a pressure ferment soon. Just about finished making my 'spunding valve', which is just a simple ball lock coupler balance weight, which should quite accurately do exactly what I need it to do without all the extravagance and bells and whistles:
    IMG_20191014_204447.jpg
    Hopefully within the next three weeks I can give it a go
    To me its realy cleanly fermented when compared to my other lagers that was fermented low and slow, I did let it sit a bit longer than needed because I couldn't raise the temp at the end but did cold crash this.

Great idea building you own spunding device #thinkingoutsidethebox

Last edited by Harhm; 17th October 2019 at 14:52.
    I value your experience more than your opinion - You could but you shouldn't - You should but I wouldn't - Time is on your side, never rush a beer - Have fun, its only beer - Don't believe all the crap you read on the www

Screenshot_2.jpg

Nice idea
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Thanks. Just need to see how well it works first, but very keen on trying this FUP thing.
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.ginormity.com

Pitched my next fermenting under pressure batch. Blond with US-05 @ 22C. Half @ 15PSI and half with no pressure.

How much headspace are you running? The more I see pressure fermentation the more I'm keen! Keep it coming! How long do you ferment using 34/70 under pressure and at what temp? Thinking to do a quick lager at higher temperature under pressure, kveik spoiled me...

Quote Originally Posted by groenspookasem View Post
    How much headspace are you running? The more I see pressure fermentation the more I'm keen! Keep it coming! How long do you ferment using 34/70 under pressure and at what temp? Thinking to do a quick lager at higher temperature under pressure, kveik spoiled me...

17L per keg. Done 2 x 34/70 Lagers @ 20 see previous beers above: Helles and a Lite Lager.
    14 day total: 10 days fermentation 2 days cold crash and 2 days carbonation.

Last edited by Harhm; 23rd October 2019 at 14:32.