No announcement yet.

Pressure Fermentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahh yes I see.. I wasn't around when he posted that.

Comment

@Langchop didn't you convert a keg an make a control valve for fermentation? Like 2 years ago

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
        @Langchop didn't you convert a keg an make a control valve for fermentation? Like 2 years ago

No, I just did a weighted flap valve to fit onto the ball lock coupler with no keg mods. I will try find pics.

With my extensive lack of being these days I never actually got to use it. I gave one to a mate to try and it seemed to work for him. I will feedback if/when I ever do a brew and use it.

Found some pics:

Screenshot_20210425_113320.jpg

Screenshot_20210425_113248.jpg
        Langchop
        Last edited by Langchop; 25 April 2021, 13:42. Reason: Pics.
        Cheers,
        Lang
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Looks pretty cool though. Should keep a little pressure. I had a laugh at your lack of Being! I'm assuming you wrote brewing. But the being fits in to how life feels with covid around

Comment

Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
            Looks pretty cool though. Should keep a little pressure. I had a laugh at your lack of Being! I'm assuming you wrote brewing. But the being fits in to how life feels with covid around

Haha. Appropriate faux pas I guess!

Yea I tested the pressure. Carried I think 1.5 bar with the weight right at the end. I can't remember but I think pressure fermenting is meant to be around the 0.8 or 1 bar region, though it's all pretty experimental still
            Cheers,
            Lang
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Originally posted by Langchop View Post
              No, I just did a weighted flap valve to fit onto the ball lock coupler with no keg mods. I will try find pics.

With my extensive lack of being these days I never actually got to use it. I gave one to a mate to try and it seemed to work for him. I will feedback if/when I ever do a brew and use it.

Found some pics:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3279[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3280[/ATTACH]
              Ooh I like that, its a cool design for sure. Im battling to find a spunding valve in SA for my snubnose, any plans to sell these or was it just an experiment?

Comment

Originally posted by Langchop View Post
                Haha. Appropriate faux pas I guess!

Yea I tested the pressure. Carried I think 1.5 bar with the weight right at the end. I can't remember but I think pressure fermenting is meant to be around the 0.8 or 1 bar region, though it's all pretty experimental still
                Dr Hans on Youtube does pressure fermentation up to 2.4 bar and sometimes 30+ deg on non-kveik strains.
                It seems you can push it pretty far in terms of pressure but you need to compensate with higher temps.

Comment

Working...
                X