Loadshedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loadshedding

So what are you guys doing for fermentation fridge, keezers, during loadshedding?

My keezer went up one degree for a three hour outage and my fermfridge with two batches fermenting stayed within my target , about .5 degree out. End of fermentation for both too, so minimal activity.

I think I need to look into extra insulation for the keezer.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    groenspookasem
    Banned
    Last edited by groenspookasem; 17 October 2019, 17:51.

Im doing nothing .... that little bit of change will hardly do any harm.

.... and im sure i would not even notice my beer to be 1ºC warmer to tell you the truth
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎
      groenspookasem
      Banned
      Last edited by groenspookasem; 29 March 2021, 12:42.

Comment

If you are worried, I actually think ' thermal mass' would benefit you more than insulating an already well insulated chamber. Load lots of 2l milk bottles in all the empty spaces in the keezer. My 5c
        Cheers,
        Lang
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎
          groenspookasem
          Banned
          Last edited by groenspookasem; 29 March 2021, 12:42.

Comment

I've got a freezer with some ice packs. I do as I did before I had the ferm chamber - keep an eye, and if it gets bad (because my ferm chamber is in the garage and it gets hella hot in there), I just pack in a few ice packs. Lang's spot on - the more mass you have at the desired temp, the long it'll take to deviate from it. I now use my ferm chamber to store all kinds of other stuff as well, like drinks and soft drinks and everything.

Comment

I currently havent really planned for it, but I think ice blocks would be my best bet. ATM after load shedding from 8 to 11 last night, we then had a failure since then. So I guess I do need contingencies
              Cheers,
              Lang
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I'm with Jig here I went from 0 temp control to the fridge so at this point I'm not concerned. I have to add the whole thing is at 20C now for bottle carbonation so I'm not trying to support at +30c temp differential for a cold crush so I'm cool for now. As long as this ends before my next brew

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

Did a test while back. Cold crashed a brew for 3 days. Temp was 1C. Switched off the fridge. After 4 hours temp was 3C.
                  Ambient temp was 18C. Will test again when ambient temp is 30C or more.
                  So loss of power for a few hours not a big problem.
                  Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

My challenge is that my keezer is in the garage, at probably around 45 to 50 deg at times. Not a problem for dispensing, but could be a dealbreaker for fermenting a lager
                    Cheers,
                    Lang
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Load shedding gives a mid-ferment diacetyl rest.

Comment

Working...
                      X