Greetings from Stellenbosch / Cape Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Stellenbosch / Cape Town

A friend and I recently bought an all grain setup from a colleague that left the country.

We have done a 32L IPA that was a great success, and is now busy fermenting our second batch, an amber ale.

We didn't like the idea of bottling, so ended up buying some corny kegs.

I built a keezer this week, and the next batch will be served in the office (luckily a small office).

I ordered taps from Kegland in Australia. Very good quality. The mini kegs are also from Kegland and arrived today! We brew in Cape Town, but I live in Stellenbosch. No I can take some beer home!

Pieter (and Greg)

setup.jpgkegging.jpgcarbonating.jpgtaps.jpgkeezer.jpgkegs.jpg

Wow, you really jumped right into it! Welcome to the forum

Its hilarious how similar some of your equipment is to mine:
    Same kegs, samelar keezer, same beer filter. When I get get home imma check if I got robbed.
    Langchop
    Last edited by Langchop; 24 October 2019, 17:26.
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Noice! Do you know about the kegs being sold out in Somerset west? Kegsolutions/Richard. I imported taps from Jhb :-) do like your mini kegs though!

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

Once again welcome to the forum

Nice setup. All-in like they say

Kegland have some really nice equipment, but like Groenspook said, you can get most kegging equipment from Kegsolution in your 'neck of the woods'

From the photos: Just pay close attention to not knock that COČ cylinder as the gauges on that regulator breaks easy if it had to fall over.

PS: looks like you guys got some good brewing info from that friend before he left.
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Thanks guys! We are having a lot of fun!

We did knock over the cylinder once. One of the gauges got bent, but it seems to be okay. After that we 3D printed a base for the cylinder. No chance of falling over now.

The taps from Kegland is forward sealing stainless steel taps, with stainless steel shanks. Really top notch stuff. I couldn't find anything close to the same quality locally. And their mini kegs are really the best out there when it comes to the welding process and quality control. A bit expensive, but really cool.

I visited Keg Solutions and bought the regulator from him. Afterwards I found out it was a bit overpriced, and the John Guest fitting he put on the regulator was leaking like crazy. He really did a bad job of it.

The corny kegs I got at Electrical Industries in Paarden Island brand new, for less than Keg Solutions charge for a second hand pepsi/coke corny...

I think I watched about 20 brewing videos on Youtube before our first brew. It helped!

Comment

Brewing and MTB's 2 of my favourite things.
            Welcome to the forum guys.
            2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

Working...
            X