Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

After a beer or two I came up with a possible solution, boil up some water add some dme, cool it and add to your fermentor? Could possibly balance it out? You're still fermenting, so worth a shot? Not sure, haven't tried it myself, what's everyone else's thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

That sounds like a a better plan to me. But I was thinking I small. 2l mash with some pale and some oats to improve mouthfeel in the process?

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

I also read that research groen! It said it absorbs it in the trub or something. I didn't pay much attention coz I never planned on brewing such high ibus

That sounds better than dme too, it's a real neat style and I hope you can save it

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Ok I'm questioning everything now! I'm completely lost!

I let yesterday's sample chill and drop clear.....
    Not all that undrinkable, actually not bad at all. I'm not changing anything! Groenspookasem you are turning me into a hop head!

Music to my ears :-) I have the t-shirt to prove my hop head status too :-)

So I got a second opinion and it's clear. I need to add DME. My og was 1040 instead of 1049. Fg is 1006. It needs body badly. I wanted to get to 1045 with the addition. I have 25l in the fermenter so beersmith says
    340g addition.
    Do you think its enough to help the body or should I go for 1049?

Go for 1.049, unbalanced beers makes it difficult to enjoy. I had something similar with a amwheat a while back - on the very edge of being over the top

1049 it is. Just boiled it and poured it! Now the wait begins again.

And my blondes have run out!