STC 1000 probe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STC 1000 probe

Hi, my STC 1000 probe measures open circuit. If anyone has managed to purchase just the probe, could you please recommend a supplier?

Originally posted by Discoveight View Post
    Hi, my STC 1000 probe measures open circuit. If anyone has managed to purchase just the probe, could you please recommend a supplier?
    You're looking for an NTC Thermistor. It's almost cheaper to just buy a new controller. They're like R230 these days: https://www.jungleaquatics.net/onlin...8aAqFUEALw_wcB

If you find a probe, I'll also be interested in ordering one, preferably a waterproof one.

Comment

JungleAquatics used to stock replacement probes ... Can't find any on their site tho ... maybe give them a ring and ask

EDIT: Otherwise import from China?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NTC-3435-10...IAAOSwFKZZjSUr
      JIGSAW
      Last edited by JIGSAW; 5 November 2019, 09:37.
      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

I have bought STC units from these LED Select guys on bidorbuy and their prices are good and quick delivery. They have this item, local stock:

https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/4400...CAL_STOCK.html

I would just confirm with them first if it is the correct probe to use on the STC unit. Please let us know if you come right. I think keeping a spare is a good idea.

Good luck
        Cheers,
        Lang
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Oh,...and welcome homey from my home town . Must be hard finding ingredients in Newcastle
          Cheers,
          Lang
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Originally posted by Langchop View Post
            I have bought STC units from these LED Select guys on bidorbuy and their prices are good and quick delivery. They have this item, local stock:

<>
            Aah yes, I forgot about them ... they're operating from a house here in Goodwood, Cape Town
            The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Thank you all for the advice. I'm going to order some spares from BoB, thanks Langchop. Best deal I can see from all the research.

Strange thing happened though....last night I measured the dimensions of the probe and thought what the hell, let's measure the resistance again. Lo and behold, it's working again! I yanked the cable, knocked the probe around, but still no error. I can only think there's a dry joint on the thermistor inside the probe and while I cold crashed it went open circuit with the temp at about 1°C. It initially gave a "hh" error on the STC, which indicates "out of range". When I measured it definitely was open circuit.

@ Langchop, Newcastle is an awesome place to live but home brew suppliers are non existent. Luckily I'm a newbie still brewing extract kits, but AG is going to be a challenge. Thank heavens for couriers!

Comment

If it happens again, try Communica or RS-Online.

Comment

Working...
                X