No announcement yet.

Equipment supplier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, thanks for pointing that out. It seems that the split bags of malt have changed - the bulk malt however seems to be largely unchanged. If you're looking at 25 or 30kg then you should still get a decent price. Drop them an email.

Comment

Yeah I ended up sending BevPlus a request. No idea if they'll be willing to mill 25kg of grains for me though. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
        Wow. I'm looking at ordering around 25kg to 30kg or so of regular pale malt now as well, but I'm not sure where to order from. BevPlus hiked their prices like mad, so I don't really want to support them. NFP has shut down orders due to demand, so I don't know what to do now. Anyone have some tips for me?

I have been buying from BevPlus for close to 3 years. The only time their was a major price hike was a few weeks ago (cannot remember exactly how long) for a short period and this was on grain, however this was apparently a mistake and prices where rectified on the malts.
        Fermentis yeast prices are quite low at BevPlus, also check out hops, very good prices especially if you purchase 1kg.

I also purchase from BrewCraft, but they are currently not open for online orders.
        Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

Yeah it seems like some prices were reduced again. It was a bit of a shock to see the sharp increase right as I wanted to order. Glad to see it's back down again.

Comment

That's good news
            The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Reduced but not 1:1 to the "before time" 100g of East Kent at R627 is still a bit steep :-)

https://www.beerplus.co.za/product/u...lding/3127/198
              groenspookasem
              Banned
              Last edited by groenspookasem; 19 May 2020, 15:28.

Comment

Well that might be a boo-boo hehe! I wanted to order malts from them but when their R80 prices shot up to R99 for a 3kg bag of base I decided "hell no". I see it's down a bit again. Their mini keg prices are still high, bit I guess that's due to the exchange rate. R94 for a mini keg is a bit of a stretch for me now.

Comment

Equipment supplier

Walts is closing for good as you know.

They still have some stock left.
                  Any brewers in PE region who would like to club in and do a bulk oder??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Bigfoot; 21 May 2020, 18:38.

Comment

Waltz ?? As in grain ?

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                      Waltz ?? As in grain ?
                      Yes as in Walts Malting

Comment

Walts Malting Noice of Closure.pdf.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
                          I'm actually also interested in the grainfather ATM. BUT every time I see the price I zip up the wallet. The one thing I'm worried about is the connect. That looks like it's way ahead of anything else out there. Won't I just be pissed at myself 3 months after buying the cheaper option?

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk
                          Fyi Ryan got back to me today. He says the nxt shipment of grainfathers is only leaving nz mid july![emoji25]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
                            Walts is closing for good as you know.

They still have some stock left.
                            Any brewers in PE region who would like to club in and do a bulk oder??

Ag no. I've been trying to reach them for a few days now, hoping to buy some bulk malts. Pretty sad to see this.

Comment

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
                              Ag no. I've been trying to reach them for a few days now, hoping to buy some bulk malts. Pretty sad to see this.

They didn't want to sell direct to public ... you had to work thru a LHBS like Beerlab ... but like many of us have already stated here, their malts give a very low mash efficiency.

Sad to hear a business having to close tho.

Comment

Hmm, low efficiency you say? Interesting. I've brewed with a few of their malts in the past and always had low efficiency until my last batch when I used a totally different brand. Perhaps that could be it?

Comment

Working...
                                X