Equipment supplier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Hmm, low efficiency you say? Interesting. I've brewed with a few of their malts in the past and always had low efficiency until my last batch when I used a totally different brand. Perhaps that could be it?

How did you miss all our complaints ?

Ask GroenSpook (groenspookasem) about Walts ... he will back me up
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post

Absolutely! Low efficiency using constant stirring and step mashing efforts, lots of stalks in the bag, fed everything I had left to the pigeons. Never again! Jakes will attest to this too

Comment

Hi all, sorry to hijack current discussion.Does anyone know the easybrew-30 sold by NFP, manufacturer is Braumarkt?They are not processing any orders now but have this in stock.Cant really find any reviews on it, hoping one of the members may know of it or own one?Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Alkey View Post
          Hi all, sorry to hijack current discussion.Does anyone know the easybrew-30 sold by NFP, manufacturer is Braumarkt?They are not processing any orders now but have this in stock.Cant really find any reviews on it, hoping one of the members may know of it or own one?Thanks
          if it's this https://www.candirect.eu/Brewing-Mac...brew-30-and-50 then it looks like the robobrew/brewzilla/dematech clones. Not much cheaper than GF and you need to buy the immersion chiller separately, bu I could be mistaken

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post

I've seen some complaints before, but never really paid attention. I just figured I'm still so new, my process is shit and therefore my efficiency is crock. I'll test it with the next batches being made (probably this weekend).

Comment

Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
              if it's this https://www.candirect.eu/Brewing-Mac...brew-30-and-50 then it looks like the robobrew/brewzilla/dematech clones. Not much cheaper than GF and you need to buy the immersion chiller separately, bu I could be mistaken
              It is that one, comes with the chiller.Only one available now, other than the dema-craft 60.Which would you go for?

Comment

Originally posted by Alkey View Post
                It is that one, comes with the chiller.Only one available now, other than the dema-craft 60.Which would you go for?
                I currently run a GF with all the bells and whistles including both still attachments, it's a neat piece of kit, but my next system is a Brewtools 80 https://www.brewtools.com/products/b...ro-p0000000188
                I wouldn't want to tell you what to buy, those units produces wort just like many other systems. I would suggest you
                - compare the warranty
                - parts availability
                - general support
                against price and other products and decide on then.

edit: the demacraft, braumarkt, etc are all the same thing, there's an updated one with low density elements and a newer controller I think out there. V3.1 If I recall correctly

Comment

I currently run a GF with all the bells and whistles including both still attachments, it's a neat piece of kit, but my next system is a Brewtools 80 https://www.brewtools.com/products/b...ro-p0000000188
                  I wouldn't want to tell you what to buy, those units produces wort just like many other systems. I would suggest you
                  - compare the warranty
                  - parts availability
                  - general support
                  against price and other products and decide on then.

edit: the demacraft, braumarkt, etc are all the same thing, there's an updated one with low density elements and a newer controller I think out there. V3.1 If I recall correctly
                  Thanks for the advice! Will compare them and see.
                  That system you are looking at is a monster! And the price of a small car [emoji23][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by camsaway View Post
                    Hi, thanks for pointing that out. It seems that the split bags of malt have changed - the bulk malt however seems to be largely unchanged. If you're looking at 25 or 30kg then you should still get a decent price. Drop them an email.
                    So back to this. Sent them an email a few days ago (the 18th) asking for a 25kg bag of Vienna. Their listed price was (and still is) R478 for a 25kg bag. I waited a few days and then ordered elsewhere (no response from them).

I got their invoice this morning. Price per bag was upped to R596 as per the invoice. That's a 25% increase. And that price excludes shipping, and VAT on shipping. Total invoice cost was R746.01 for the bag and shipping. A bit nuts, if you ask me.

PS: My other malts are on it's way. R1,200 for 25kg Vienna and 25kg Pale including shipping to my door.

Comment

That sucks, where did you get the 50kg for R1.2k from? Buying bulk not only saves you cash, it's very convenient too. I've identified a bulk hop purchase I'm about to get onto and want to compare costs with your supplier

Comment

That sucks, where did you get the 50kg for R1.2k from? Buying bulk not only saves you cash, it's very convenient too. I've identified a bulk hop purchase I'm about to get onto and want to compare costs with your supplier
                        Beerguevara. I ordered the 25kg Vienna and 25kg Pale malt with shipping to my door for around R1,230, IIRC. Was an easy buy. Shipping on that number was R300, which is a bummer. It's apparently Chateau malt as well, so not even local, but imported from Belgium. No idea if that's better or worse, but I guess we'll see.

PS: Beerguevara's feedback is significantly faster than BevPlus' as well. I waited more than a week for BevPlus to just send me an invoice. Beerguevara's delay is there, but a lot faster. Around 18~24 hours or so response time.

Comment

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
                          Beerguevara. I ordered the 25kg Vienna and 25kg Pale malt with shipping to my door for around R1,230, IIRC. Was an easy buy. Shipping on that number was R300, which is a bummer. It's apparently Chateau malt as well, so not even local, but imported from Belgium. No idea if that's better or worse, but I guess we'll see.

PS: Beerguevara's feedback is significantly faster than BevPlus' as well. I waited more than a week for BevPlus to just send me an invoice. Beerguevara's delay is there, but a lot faster. Around 18~24 hours or so response time.
                          That's where I get my malt from :-) You're going to love Chateau/Castle malting. They dont do bulk hops, I'll see if I can get some feedback from Africa Hops in the meantime or if else fails Bevplus

Comment

That's where I get my malt from :-) You're going to love Chateau/Castle malting. They dont do bulk hops, I'll see if I can get some feedback from Africa Hops in the meantime or if else fails Bevplus
                            Sending you a PM.

Comment

OK so BevPlus again. After I queried the 25% inflation they rectified the price on the invoice for me, so the R478 price online is in fact the correct one. The R596 price was a mistake on their side.

Comment

Nice, I also stand corrected beerguevara does indeed do bulk malt, hops and yeast

Comment

Working...
                                X