I tried a few brew can brews back in 2014 before I became a dad. Then kids happened. Recently the lockdown brought me back into homebrewing. I brewed a ginger beer and then a pineapple beer before I found out that a few homebrew supply shops were open. The brew cans were all sold out so I ordered some all-grain kits. The supplier I stumbled upon first only had 4,5 liter kits so I ordered three American Amber Ale kits and combined their ingredients to make a more decent sized batch. I used a 27 liter aluminium stock pot and BIAB. The mash went well, but I couldn't get a rolling boil after that. Our kitchen gas stove only got the wort up to 100 degrees. I didn't get a good hot break like I've seen in YouTube videos, only a layer of foam of a few mm. I only finished brewing at 01:30 last Friday because I underestimated the amount of time it would take. My carboy's airlock started bubbling overnight and kept going for a few days. OG was 1,044. Then it got stuck on 1,02 on Monday and stayed there until Wednesday. I gave the carboy a gentle swirl and upped the temperature a bit. It never went below 18 degrees or above 24 degrees so I think I was in a safe range for the US-05 yeast. By yesterday it was barely at 1,018 and I'm getting really thirsty so last night I hydrated a small packet of yeast from another 4,5 liter kit I bought and gently stirred it in. I sterilized everything I used and used cooled down boiled water for the yeast. By this morning there was still no action so as a last resort I dissolved 35g of bottling sugar in 500ml boiling water, let it cool to fermenting temperature and gently stirred it in. I also gently stirred up some yeast from the bottom because there was nothing on the surface. A couple of hours later the airlock started bubbling again and got to a steady rate of once every 20 seconds. When I took the SG this evening it hadn't changed though, so my suspicion that the yeast had only been consuming the bottling sugar today was confirmed. It stopped bubbling after I drew a sample to take the SG. Is it safe to assume that the yeast won't/can't consume the remaining sugars in the wort? The beer smells and tastes good, no off flavours or sour taste. I want to brew a 20 liter batch of pale ale on Sunday and I'm only getting a second fermenting bucket on Monday so ideally I want to bottle the current batch. I'm a bit weary of bottling bombs and I don't want to prematurely bottle unnecessarily but it just doesn't seem like the fermentation is going any further. I'll bottle one plastic bottle and monitor the pressure buildup in it. If it gets too hard I'll put all the bottles in the fridge. I might end up with a relatively low-alcohol beer which isn't carbonated too well but from what I've tasted so far I'll at least be able to enjoy it. Could it be the lack of a hot break and rolling boil which caused my problem? I bought a three ring burner today and I think that will sort out that problem with the next brew.